Search results

1. Thespivster

Little yellow guys...

Anyone have an ID on these little guys...I probably have 20 about my tank...each is about 3mm in diameter...they aren't multiplying fast or anything like that...tank has been up for over a year. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OkMo_LDX-5tm6BdxOLDe2g?feat=directlink Thanks in advance! -Greg
  2. Thespivster

Items for sale

I have a couple of things to sell from my old tank if anyone is interested... 1. 20" Current USA Sunpod 1x150w MH w/ 6 lunar and 6 daylight LEDs. (14k bulb is 8mo old) - $125 2. 17 gallon sump/fuge designed specifically to fit in an Oceanic Biocube 29 stand. - Make Offer 3. Tunze 9002 DOC...
  3. Thespivster

Bulb question

I have a 36" Aquaticlife 6 bulb t5ho over my 60g. It came with 3 10k's and 3 actinic. colors just don't pop like i would like. If this were your light and your tank, what bulb brands and combinations of Kelvin would you buy? Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  4. Thespivster

TheSpivster's 60 Gallon Rimless Journey Begins

Hi all...first off thank you to everyone on this site who has helped my learn and grow in this hobby over the last year plus. Some of you helped directly and the rest of you helped without even knowing it. ;) I've had my Bio-cube for a little over a year and modified it to the point that it's...
  5. Thespivster

Acrylic cutting question

I bought 1/4" sheet acrylic to make baffles for a new sump. The question is...can I score and break like glass or should I cut on a table saw?
  6. Thespivster

drilling a 40 g Breeder

I'm wondering what size bits to buy to drill a 40 breeder for one standpipe and return. I was figuring 1 1/4" pipe for the overflow and 1/2" for the return. Does that sound about right? If so what size holes would I need for the appropriate bulkheads? Thanks!
  7. Thespivster

Need help with new Bubble-Magus NAC6A

Hey all, I got a BM NAC6a and installed it in my sump on the 28th...I love it!!! It started skimming almost immediately...of course the fact that my Tunze 9002 had been down for a week helped make a tank with lots of stuff to skim. The problem starts on day 3 :cry1:...now it's blowing big...
  8. Thespivster

Cheap light on eBay.

6 Bulb 36" T5 T-5 HO Aquarium Lighting System 234 watt - eBay (item 290505352670 end time Jan-26-11 09:26:23 PST) Anyone use this or similar? Just wondering if it's any good at all. I'm looking to start a 40 breeder w/ 20long sump. Cheers. -Greg
  9. Thespivster

Need help with Tunze 9002

Hey guys...I took my Tunze 9002 apart to clean it since it wasnt' working well. Now, like an idiot, I can't remember exactly how it goes back together. Does the green tube attached to the pump go directly under the cup or does it up the other side to the little raised black bubble? Thanks...
  10. Thespivster

Quick question about DIY sump

When planning my cuts for an acrylic DIY sump, should the side pieces extend to the "floor" and butt up to the bottom piece or should they rest on top of the bottom piece?
  11. Thespivster

Anyone have any experience with this light fixture?

17" Metal Halide Nano Cube Bio Reef Light Pendant
  12. Thespivster

Noob here saying howdy

Hey everyone. I'm Greg! :D I'm new to reefing, just bought a BioCube 29 and set it up stock. So in the past month I've learned a few things... 1. Nothing works well out of the box... 2. There is so much info out there that contradicts itself that it's easy to get lost in the sea of...