Search results

1. Annie742

125 gal and lionfish, and a tank mate?

Well I'm back again :) I still have my two other tanks, but I found a great deal on a RR 125 on Craigslist woot! I tore my 90 gal down, but still have my 75 up and running with my freshwater angels. I have my new used 125 up, cycled and just waiting of fish. I have a black lion fish on...
  2. Annie742

O.T. So excited!!

I know it may sound silly, but I'm so excited!! I had a heart attack June 1st, had surgery June 4th. Was poor all summer, couldn't do anything I loved doing. The 2 things I like to do are messing with my yard, planting flowers and such and my reef tank. Didn't know if I was going to...
  3. Annie742

O.T. outdoor pictures

Just thought I would post some outdoor pictures since I can not get good ones of my tank :laughroll I love taking pictures of wildlife and just out side :) Now I know there are a lot better pics than mine, but I think they come out ok...
  4. Annie742

Replacing sand

I want to replace the playsand in my tank with some live sand I'm getting. So if I empty it out, and remove all the sand will that cause a cycle? I guess I want to know if I were to do that would my live rock keep it from going through a cycle all over again? I'm also the one who had...
  5. Annie742

Eshopps reef sump

I knew it would fit under my 90 gal stand, but I never figured "how" I would get it under there! So now I have this sump but can't get it through the doors of my stand Don't think it will fit unless I take off that back brace that goes from the top to the bottom of the stand. Was thinking...
  6. Annie742

Pyrmid snails?

Is that what these are? I was filming my snails spawning and seen these guys on the undersides of the big snails. Not all the snails have them, if they are the bad ones do they only go after certain types of other snails? How do I get rid of them? Pick them off? Thanks!
  7. Annie742

My clownfish found the anemome!

:laughroll Well it took them a while but they are now living in my anemome!! They look soooo cute hehe. First the clowns lived in my xenia, then they moved to the mushroom now they actually found the RTBA :) Took them long enough :) I took a pic of them but they didn't come out very...
  8. Annie742

Meet Frank the Puffer fish

Well I decided on getting a puffer fish. I got a Porcupine puffer. Right now he is in a 30 gal Q tank. He is soooo cute! The 75 is cycling pretty good. I added water from my reef tank and some rocks and sand. So it's going pretty good. I'm thinking of switching the tanks around...
  9. Annie742

Mated Maroon Clownfish?

How hard is it to find a mated pair of maroon clownfish? I know they are hard to mate up. With the female killing the male and all :bugout: And if you can find some, about how much are they?
  10. Annie742

Maroon clownfish tank mates

I am setting up a 75 gal tank FOWLR. I really love the maroon clownfish. I know they are evil LOL. Maybe thats why I like them so much :) I had one way back before I had to tear down my 90 gal. At the time he was with a lionfish. They were the only 2 in the tank. What could I keep...
  11. Annie742

Rose anemone

Is there a difference between a Rose anemone and a Rose Bubbletip anemone? I got an anemone a few days ago and it was labled a "Rose Anemone". It's a dark reddish maroon color. Very pretty. Oh I'm back by the way :) Had to rehome my Lion fish Fluffy as he was getting to big for my...
  12. Annie742

Back again :)

I don't know who all remembers me, but I'm back. :wave: I had to tear down my 90 saltwater tank when I lost my job back in June last year :( Still have the 90 but it now is a planted freshwater. I have just gotten a 45 gal bowfront tank. Well it's my sisters and she decided she didn't...
  13. Annie742

freshwater verses saltwater

I have had freshwater tanks every since I can remember. Now I know that you can't stock saltwater tanks like you can freshies, but good lord! I have been reading up on freshwater and they put TONS of fish in these tanks. Even when I had my freshwater tanks I never stocked them that much...
  14. Annie742

Freshwater dipping coral?

Has anyone done a freshwater dip on coral? I moved all my live rock over to the 90 after a freshwater dip. I did dip my 2 big leather coral, didn't seem to bother them. I used LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of buckets of water!! Man those flatworms are stinky!! I was afraid to dip my xenia...
  15. Annie742

taking down 75 gal reef

I guess I have to take down my 75 gal reef tank due to my job loss :tears: I did just get my Royal gramma and a Bicolor blenny out of the Q tank. So would a 30 gal be big enough for these 2 fish and my 2 cleaners? I could move some of the rock into this tank to make it comfy for the...
  16. Annie742

Fluffy again :)

He is doing just great. He is eating krill right now. Took him forever to eat it. But now he has no problems eating them right down. Now onto the better stuff. It is easier getting him to eat different things now than it was at first! Picky lil sapsucker LOL. He gets no live feeders at...
  17. Annie742

Playing with my camera

Was playing with the camera yesterday and got this pic of a bumblebee yesterday. These sapsuckers are everywhere! Oh yeah my other fav thing to do is flower gardening and my pond :) Guess I'll have lots of time this summer as I'll be out of a job soon. I'm guessing this week will be my...
  18. Annie742

Using Flatworm Exit question

Ok ordered some of this from Marine Depot. The guy that I talked to said to let the worm population die off and then use it. Is this how some of you did it? Also I have read where you all said to run a canister filter after they die. What if I don't have a canister filter? I do have one...
  19. Annie742

Small fish for 75 gal reef

Ok now I know I'm poor and all with me losing my job but.......... I have decided to put my maroon clown in with my lion for a while. If Fluffy gets to big I have an extra 35 gal tank for Rosebud (maroon clownfish). I now want small fish for the reef tank. I am thinking green chromis and...
  20. Annie742

OT: What does every one do for a living?

Just wanting to know what every one does to earn that money to get all those cool tanks!! I work for a Factory, I drive a Forklift allllllll day long. I work second shift. Mostly work 6 day weeks. Working Sat. really gets old sometimes but the money is good :) Only bad thing is having...