Search results

1. I

Bubble Algae

I have over the past few months had a problem with some different type of algae. I had a cyano problem that was driving me mad, I think I have spearheaded that issue I hope... Now though is the Bubble Algae, it is the type that grows in small clusters. I forget the scientific name of the...
  2. I

Dang! Fish jumping!

So I bought a really nice healthy Diamond goby and after one night he did a great job on the sand. But decided to jump out of the tank, oddly enough this is the second time this has happened in a row. Not having much luck so far with the gobies because they keep killing themselves! I need to...
  3. I

ID Starfish

4. I

Not sure!

Hey So I broke a plastic tube on my protein skimmer and without even looking to see if it was aquarium safe I glued it together with gorilla glue, super glue. So the question, is this gorilla glue safe to put in the tank?
  5. I

Sump phase one design.

Here is what I have come up with so far. The area is kinda small so not a lot to work with. Please be critical if you notice design flaws. thanks :)
  6. I

Sump costs?

I am now in the works of switching from canister to sump filtration and I would like to know is it going to be cheaper to build my own sump or buy it. 65 gallon tank. I just am curious to see how much money some people spent just on building there own?
  7. I

Dissappearing act?!?!

I have now had two fish completely just disappear. I have looked under and around tank for any fish on the floor and found nothing although I do have two cats so I may not find them on the floor. I moved rock around to look under the rocks nothing. I'm baffled. I have a serpent starfish and Im...
  8. I

Hello

I am in Tampa Florida and decided that I like this forum a lot more then aquarium forum because the advice here seems to be much better. Not to mention not as much criticism. I have a 65 gallon reef tank, I had freshwater tank for 6 years and decided it was time to make the plunge into...