Search results

1. R

Instant Ocean Cyclopeeze soft gel...Any good?

Hello all, just picked up some of the cyclopeeze soft gel packs and was wondering what everyone else thought about it. I couldn't find any freeze dried or frozen cyclopeeze so I opted for the gel, I just mixed it around in a shot glass with some tank water and poured it in, my corals seemed to...
  2. R

Placement of Green Maze Brain coral frag?

Hello all, just picked up a small frag of green maze brain coral, wondering where in the tank would be the best place for it? I have 36W 50/50 PC coralife lights, right now I have it at the very top but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a better place to put it. My tank is a nano...
  3. R

Frustrated with my 12G lighting situation...

Ok, so after so many hours of researching I am more frustrated than EVER!!! All I need is the best light possible for my 12G eclipse for hopefully less than 250$. I currently have a coralife 50/50 that puts out a total of 36W, but the more reading I do it sounds like that is not nearly enough...
  4. R

Is this light for real?

Hello all, I was up googling lighting options for my 12G nano, I just want to be able to keep mushrooms, zoas, xenia, things like that, and I came across this light on Amazon. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about it....Thanks!!!! Amazon.com: COBALT BLUE - 26W Energy Saving...
  5. R

A big thank you!!!

Hello all, I just wanted to say thank you for always being so informative and willing to help newbies like myself! I've gotten into the sw hobby over the last 1.5 yrs and this is my fav forum by far!!!!! :winner:
  6. R

A few random things...

Hello everyone, its been awhile since I have been on... I lost my 55G due to an unexpected eviction, so all I have left is my 12G nano. I was going to take my 55G with me to my new house but my F*$%ing roommate decided to pour an entire bottle of softsoap into my 55G, obviously killing and...
  7. R

Starfish ID

Hello all, I found this guy wandering around close to my coral, I have some small white asterina's that hang out in my equipment, but this guy was in the main display. He doesn't look like the typical Asterina, and his legs are perfectly symmetrical, and he only has 5 of them. I will attach a...
  8. R

What kind of shrimp are these????

So I was at one of my LFS and spotted these guys, they sold them to me as camel shrimp bc they didnt know what they were. I have camel shrimp but these are different, they have spots! Anyone have any guesses? I googled but couldnt find any that looked like them. They have HUGE eyes ans are...
  9. R

What am I doing wrong?

Ok, so I got some frags mostly zoa and two star polyp colonies already pretty established on rocks. I acclimated them slowly to the water and temp and all that good stuff, all were open the first few days and now none of them are open, and they look like they are getting smaller. I have tested...
  10. R

What does everyone think about this?

Hello all! I found this for my 12G nano, I was wondering if this is a decent upgrade from the PC 5500K 50/50 lighting that I have now. I dont have a very large budget at all, so this would work for me price wise. Is this any good? I am looking to keep some corals such as zoas, leathers...
  11. R

Is there such a thing as black zoa spiders???

Hello again everyone, and first of all thank you for answering all of my many questions!!! Now, I did a dip on my zoa polyp colony after I noticed a black spider looking thing on it the first day I brought it home. I looked it up and it looks like the zoa spiders but it was black, not tan or...
  12. R

The wierdest thing I think I've ever seen...

Ok, so after reading alot of threads about the second life of tanks after the lights go out, I decided to do some looking around tonight with a flashlight after the tank lights went out. Mostly just bristle worms and micro brittle stars, but then my boyfriend noticed something very strange on...
  13. R

How do I install the protein skimmer without a sump?

Hello all, I just bought a biocube protein skimmer but I dont have a biocube I have a marineland 12G nano reef going and I am new to the hobby so I dont know if the skimmer goes inside the tank or on the outside, I am planning on getting a sump going eventually but in the mean time I dont know...
  14. R

6 legged micro brittle stars???

Hello all, I found at least 10 of these crawling around on my new zoa polyps and now they are walking (or crawling?) lol on my LR, I couldnt get my own pic but I found this one and this is them for sure. I can't seem to find a whole lot of info about these little guys. Does anyone have any...
  15. R

Brown stuff on LR and dead coral????

Hello all, I am new to the reef world, and would appreciate help in identifying what is growing on my LR and the piece of dead coral I use as a live rock. I did some research but all I could find was info about nuisance algae and I don't think that is what this is, but I could be wrong. Any help...
  16. R

Coral ID please

Hello, I picked this up at m LFS after asking many many q's about my lighting and they told me this would do well with my nano reef setup as it is a hardy coral. Problem is, I don't know what it is called and with all of the questions I forgot to ask and they are now closed until Wednesday. I...
  17. R

12G Marineland lighting

Hello all, I have some questions about the lighting that came with my Marineland 12G tank. It says it is a 13W 5500K Daylight lamp. Is this enough for some corals? I have researched and read a ton of info about lighting but I can't find anything about this specific light. I don't want to put...
  18. R

New to the hobby

Hello all, I am new to saltwater but have kept freshwater successfully for many years. I am starting small with a 12G with 2lbs live rock, it's a marineland tank, wet/dry filter, said everything I need to get started was included. I am using this to get going it is fully cycled and doing well. I...