Search results

1. 1

is all caulerpa bad?

Ok so I bought some red gracilaria and some green sawblade algae, I didn't want any caulerpa. The thing is I "siffted" through the macros to plant them where I pleased as its a display fuge' and there were two bunches of caulerpa one fan looking and one long flowing blades. (Pics to follow) Now...
  2. 1

leapord wrasse tank requirments

Ok so its reefer again, I have been eying a leapord wrasse at my LFS for a few weeks now and I'm getting pretty attached. My question is would it be wrong to place this fish in my 72g bowfront. It has about 100 gallon total volume counting the 20g sump/fuge. The fish is still fairly small...
  3. 1

tek-light or catalina 6x54w T5/which is better

Just wanted the expert opinions here on reef santuary.... I'm planning on upgrading my lighting system from a 4x54w T5 to a 6x54w T5 fixture (wanted halides for the shimmer but am gonna try to get shimmer from a small DIY LED project) I have pretty much narrowed it down to these two fixtures...
  4. 1

reefer's 72 bowfront

First off equipment list: 72g all glass w/120 lbs live rock n 80 lbs live sand Custom made hang on back overflow leading into 18g custom made sump/fuge' fishless w/20 lbs live rock CPR hang on back skimmer an 300 watt in sump heater Many various koralias pushing water in the...
  5. 1

options for new 48" halide T5 fixture

Soo here it is.....right now I have the current nova 6x54 watt T5 fixture. I have been thinking about getting metal halides and the more I learn the more I find this would help my corals (and looks of the DS). So my question is what would be the best complete combo lighting system. I'll need a...
  6. 1

branching monti question

I got a branching montipora of some kind today for free with a purchase at the LSF....it seems to be in good health except for the base where it is glued to the rock (was glued long ago can tell by algae growth). This lower base section seems to have "bleached out" or died but there is healthy...
  7. 1

picture upload test post

Mobile Photobucket
  8. 1

how to upload pics to profile

OK so maybe I'm just an idiot but I've searching on here for over an hour trying to figure out how to upload or post pictures or video to my profile. This is driving me crazy as its 3:30 in the morning...anyway I am trying to upload directly from my phone/handheld/Droid. Any help would be...
  9. 1

new to the sanctuary

Hello fellow reefers I'm new to reef sanctuary (this is actually my first post) but I have looked around and I love it! On my way to figure out how to post pics and explore a little bit more. Thanks for the great site!