Search results

1. tangerine3486

Holes in clam mantle

Large holes have formed in the clam mantle in the past 24 hours. Parameters are stable as far as i can test for but this is not a glaring parameter problem. Initial guess could be a worm or hermit crab. Clam is ~3 inches. Any help is needed. Those are two holes behind the gaping inlet siphon...
  2. tangerine3486

Tangerine's 35gal Cube! Version 2.0

Hey RS! So I have a separate thread for this exact aquarium, but following a move from a rather coral restrictive but beautiful Hawaii, I have re-established in MD. As for benefits over the last setup, this time around I have re-built the sump for better flow, I will have access to Cheato, and I...
  3. tangerine3486

Diving GBR

Fortunate to travel to Australia and dive the Great Barrier Reef. What a blast! Really enjoyed the clownfish and the many Giant Clams. Great inspiration for my next tank! Just wanted to share! Thanks!
  4. tangerine3486

Shipping fish and coral from Hawaii

Hey RS, Moving back to the Mainland, and trying to ship some fish (pair of clowns) and zoas ahead of me. Best shipping I can find is UPS, drop off Monday afternoon, and it will be delivered Wednesday afternoon. Will be packed by my LFS that does a lot of shipments. A search here and on google...
  5. tangerine3486

Zoas turning white

Been having an issue with my zoas for the past few weeks. Been thinking it was water quality so I upped the water changes, but the palys are doing just fine, so i do not think it is the lights either. Water seems to be all in spec and I do not think there is anything irritating them other than...
  6. tangerine3486

Tangerine's 35gal Cube!

Aloha! Good to be back on Reef Sanctuary. Had a biocube thread about 3 years ago, and a short build thread working through the setup. After a long wait, it is all set up! 35 Gal Deep blue professional rimless cube with 20 Gal sump. In addition, I'm in Hawaii so no hard corals (except the 2...
  7. tangerine3486

Cheato

Hey all! Looking to buy some cheato to freshen up the tank. Post if you can ship some to me! Jay
  8. tangerine3486

New tank ideas/help

Hello Reef Sanctuary!! Its been a while, and it's good to be back. So 2 and a half years ago, my 1.5 year biocube 14 ended after a lightning strike/house fire. Im finally going to be in a spot where I can start again. So while I have some understanding of the basics (forgot a lot of it :) )...
  9. tangerine3486

Worm growing on Acan Echinata?

Hey, There are two of these things on my on my echinata. I first thought that it was the coral growing, but since it has not grown except this (in 6 months), I am getting worried this is actually a worm that is not good for the coral. Please help! thanks, Jay
  10. tangerine3486

clownfish with heavy breathing

Im back again :(. After my clownfish was recovering from the mishap with the frogspawn, he now seems to be doing poorly again. He is breathing heavily and I have noticed occasionally rubbing the side of his head on rocks, and has not been eating much. I do not *think* I notice any discolorations...
  11. tangerine3486

Acan lord help!!! :(

Hey. My new acan lord seems to be receding/melting. I have been out of town for a few days but the lady said it has not always been like that. Lights have been on for about 2 hours---does it look like this when it is closed???? All of the other corals---zoas, GSP, acan echinata all seem good...
  12. tangerine3486

clown with spotty discoloration.

Hey. One of my clowns is presenting splochyness as shown below. He is eating and does not seem to be acting strangely. The other clown fish is not presenting these problems. Tank parameters are normal but i am still fighting cyano as normal. Any Ideas? Thanks!
  13. tangerine3486

frogspawn with unhappy head help please

Hey everyone, One of my frogspawn's heads has been (see picture below) for almost two days now. parameters are normal but i dont know why only one head would be looking bad if they were off. Please help! Thanks, Jay
  14. tangerine3486

electric orange hermit problem

My new electric orange hermit has been climbing up my frogspawn and into the soft tentacle part. should I be very concerned? he uses quite a bit of pressure whenever he latches on my finger, so i feel like he is got to be penetrating into the frogspawn. has anyone had any experience with any...
  15. tangerine3486

frogspawn opening

Hey Everyone, I am new to coral and my first is a frogspawn. Mine is very inconsistent in terms of how open it gets. Should I see a consistency in this? About how long should he take to open in the morning? How does everyone suggest feeding? Water parameters are good and there a re new heads...
  16. tangerine3486

clown with off-color markings in white stripe

Hey, I just noticed my clown fish having a few distinct off white circles in his middle white stripe and one near his head in his white stripe. They are much much larger than ich spots. I have had the fish for 2 weeks, and I have added nothing to the tank since them. They are my first two fish...
  17. tangerine3486

Red Crab!!!

I have had this hitchiker for a little and he as really grown! So I've tried to look around, is this a red mithrax crab? Is he good, whatever he is? I found out I have two of them, so I hope so. Thanks!
  18. tangerine3486

yellow goo, white algae, and a chiton?

So i picked up a new piece of live rock to help seed my tank. First, I think I saw a chiton (it was very small) based on the hitchikers part 1 sticky above. It just doesnt say if it is good or bad. Can anyone say? Now for the rock: My question is about the white stuff and the yellow glob...
  19. tangerine3486

Biocube 14!

So I just picked up a biocube 14 gal and it is my first tank so its exciting. I picked up 10lbs of sand, a little over 6 pounds of dry base reef rock and a half pound of the expensive aquacultured live rock. (it should be enough to spread everywhere, right?) One question I have is about...
  20. tangerine3486

another newbie with another first saltwater tank

So I have finally gathered the funds to start my tank. I’m going to write out things I need to know to do this in case I am missing anything or anything is wrong. Thanks in advance! Ultimate goal: 2 clownfish and some other small fish or invert. I will be getting: Biocube 14gal (or 8 gal...