Search results

1. charity

lighting

14k or 20k. We have always used the 14k but would like the more blue look. We thought about buying more 14k and adding led lights for the blue? 2 250 watt mh. 125 gallon I also was wandering how much the blue would slow the growth rate down if we went 20k . Or would the growth rate stay the...
  2. charity

clownish hates coral

My mocha clown absolutely hates my meteor shower coral I have no clue why it swipes at it and knocks it over which ha ha it's glued down now so it can't knock it over but I don't understand what is deal is with it anywhere I put it it hates it.
  3. charity

african fancy gumdrop coral croucher

Anyone have these fish
  4. charity

Orange Stereonephthya Coral

Does anyone own or have any experiences with this coral?
  5. charity

Dwarf Seahorses

I am wanting to set up a 20 gallon tank with 2 pair of DWARF seahorses. I have researched the bigger seahorses before but have recently decided on the dwarfs for my little girls room. I know the basics of setting and keeping the seahorses but any tips would be appreciated and info. There may...
  6. charity

What is this?

I bought a coral today and I am not sure what it is.... I think it is some type of monti? Anyone know I'd appreciate the insight thanks.
  7. charity

How mature should a tank be before....

Adding seahorses? I have read 6 months is it possible to add them sooner.
  8. charity

moon lights

What does everyone think of moon lights? Would like to hear if anyone thinks they could be damaging or harmless to tank contents. Also I have heard of people using led lights for cars for moonlights. Any advice.
  9. charity

bristleworms ?

I have bristle worms in my tank I dont mind a few but, obviously they are going to get bigger and I dont really want to stick my fingers in one. What can I do to downsized their numbers? I have thought about a wrasse, or arrow crab, any advice would be helpful thanks.
  10. charity

Opinion on copperband butterfly fish

I am really wanting a copperband butterfly fish, I know they are not very hardy and are prone to nip corals...... with that said Does anyone have one of these in their reef tank? I have a 125 gallon tank, so it would have room and hiding places to dwell. thanks for opinions.
  11. charity

Moorish Idol....

Just wanted to see what everyone said about the moorish idol, as far as getting one for the tank, temperment, tank mates, and etc.
  12. charity

Not ich help.....

I just got a shipment from bluezooaquatics.com and I am not happy with the results, three out of the items we got are dead or dying or sick. Anyways the blue tang we ordered will not eat, he has a white spot (kind of protruded) on his side/belly and he has a faded whiter spot around the spot...
  13. charity

Mandarin and other Goby?

Can i have a mandarin and a yellow watchman or a randall's goby together I want both and dont want to cause conflict.Thanks all info appreciated.:square:
  14. charity

sun coral information

I really love these they are my fav coral i am planning on purchasing one soon and would like some help from people with experiences. I have heard they like shady areas, and I have heard you have to feed them alot I heard of one guy feeding them three frozen cubes worth ( that is alot to me)...
  15. charity

Nem got into powerhead NOT cut up....

The nem did not get injured or does not look like it although it has shrivled up into a small disc and the tentacles are super small, the mouth and everything looks normal. Will it come back out or was it to stressed? Stupid things never stay put. I dont think I will purchase more this is...
  16. charity

feather dusters and fan worms

What fish will eat these i have took a liking to them but I know some fish like to eat them, I was wanting a wider variety than i know to my knowledge, of fish that will eat them thanks. I think tangs and hawkfish may eat them im sure there is more. Thanks.
  17. charity

Turbo grazers Help

why are my turbo grazers dying? All of my water test are coming out good my calcium is a little low 380. I am adding more now. I have had these before in the old tank and now I can't keep them alive. They are not moving around hardly at all, I know my old ones were always on the move.
  18. charity

Tangs together

OK I used to have a blue hippo tang, a yellow tang, and a sailfin tang. I took that tank down and am rebuilding it. I was wanting to get more tangs I have read up on some more but I always hear tangs are not good with conspecifics. Although I have had them together before and on youtube they...
  19. charity

125 gallon reef tank

Hi to all Just thought id register here cause there is always good info on here. Ive had my tank for a few months now I got really lucky and have a great setup. I have a problem with algae though just on my sand it was green and now it has turned red going to check my water in a few but it is...