Search results

1. G

Lighting Question 4 FOWLR Tank

Sounds like T-5s are the answer to my lighting question. Thanks for the input. Now, let me ask another question about the T5s that my LFS has and we will see if this is good enough for what I want. First let me say what I don't want, one of those hang from the ceiling ATI fixtures. What my LFS...
  2. G

Sorry, I should have added, my MH lights are 250w.
  3. G

I have a 125g tank with three Hamilton MH lights over it. The tank we will be getting, more later than sooner :mad: will be a 96x30x24. I have been advised that since I am wanting to keep the operating cost down as much as possible, the MH lights are way over kill for a fish only tank. So with...
  4. G

Sump Design Question

The sump I am planning is going to have the refugium at one end of the sump and will have a Y fitting and a control valve just pass the Y fitting on the hose going to the refugium, so I will beable to control the water going to the refugium. The DT will be 96" long and the wall that the tank...
  5. G

Sump Design Question

I am working my way towards a large FOWLR tank, and right now I am designing my sump for the tank. I am wanting a large sump and I am contemplating putting a refugium in the design. Just wondering if this is a good idea or not. The reason I am asking is because of the new reactors with nitrate...
  6. G

Worth Buying ??

Well, guess that counts me out. I have the high nutrients in the tank :) :) But I am cutting back on the water changes and I am also turning off my skimmer a few days a week. Thanks for the info smoothie.
  7. G

Worth Buying ??

I have also heard that. We will get an answer from a pro tommrow.
  8. G

Worth Buying ??

Christmas Tree Worm Rock coral. I have seen these in my LFS, but never have seen them with their polyps out, or what ever you call them. I have also never seen them in anyones tanks that I see on line. My LFS says they are really nice, figured I would get a second opinion before I buy one, don't...
  9. G

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Finished, learned alot. I must say you have some good LFS in your area to get all of that cool stuff for your tank.
  10. G

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

I am only on page 34, what a great read and a great tank.
  11. G

My Chalice collection begins...

Are you keeping these in your DT or a grow out tank of some sort?
  12. G

Lighting & Chiller Question

Need a tank lighting recommendation for my next tank upgrade. My new tank will be a soft coral tank with a canopy. Heavy with zoas and Rics, a few toadstools and all of the other cast of the other soft corals that I can get for the tank. I plan on getting a chiller for this tank also, if it is...
  13. G

Blue Zoo Aquatics

I might as well chime in here also for a great company. Have bought fish from them also and would do so again in a heart beat.
  14. G

At a Cross Roads

Your right essmaker, different prams for dosing the two tanks, thats what I was thinking. I would have about 10 inches between the two tanks for cleaning up the spills that might happen and to have room for the power heads for both tanks to be mounted in the gap between the tanks, the longer the...
  15. G

At a Cross Roads

I want an SPS Tank, my wife wants a soft coral tank heavy on zoa colonies with all of the other assorted soft corals. My LFS says that to do both types of corals in one tank wouldn't do the corals justice and that they would both suffer in the same tank. The wall where the tank will set, will...
  16. G

Anyone have a Reef Octopus extreme 200?

I have that Skimmer, the tube on mine removes.
  17. G

Need Soft Coral Advice

I have a 72x18x21 tank that I was going to sell and up grade to a larger tank for SPS corals only. I have decided to keep the the tank and make it a soft coral tank and then buy another tank for the SPS corals. So my question is, what do I need to do to my current tank to be able to get my zoas...
  18. G

??? Ive been Wanting to Ask

Guess its a dumb question lol
  19. G

??? Ive been Wanting to Ask

Chalices and Echinophyllia, are they the same thing are two differant types of corals. They look the same to me but why the two differant names if they are the same?
  20. G

LED Question

Well, the LFS owner came back with this reply: (Quote):I have somewhere around 125 3 watt bulbs for a whooping 375 watts. But according to your informant I need 250 bulbs at 5 wt each for a crushing 1250 watts! I guess I am doomed to failure but we wont tell my corals in the tank as they...