Search results

1. L

little red balloons

hi I have some small red growth I think may be some type of algae it looks somewhat like an elongated balloon can any one inform me on what type of algae it might be.
  2. L

yellow polyps

what are your thoughts about yellow polyps? i think they make a great addition to a reef system.
  3. L

attack ricordia yuma

hi i have a ricordia yuma in my 12 gal nano i put it on the bottom of my tank it has moved up my rock over of a period of about 2 years leaving over 20 offspring by pedal laceration as it moved up the rock it attacked another type of ricordea and killed it after 2 attacks.it tried to attack my...
  4. L

why is it so hard to ulpload photos to reef sanctuary

hi i have decided to put my pellet gun to my head why is it such a pain in the neck to upload photos to reef sanctuary.i deleted old photos to add space to upload new photos but adding new photos was not possible.i have seen other threads about this subject i have also tried some of the methods...
  5. L

boxer/ pom pom crab with eggs

hi i received a boxer/ pom pom crab (lybia tesselata) about 1 month ago it has an egg sack that was not with it when it arrived.i would just like to know if anyone has or had a boxer that had offspring that survived.
  6. L

flatworm solution?

hi i have read some posts on this site about using additives to remove flatworms from your tank some seem to have positive results some do not.i have flatworms and i have looked at these products as a possible solution.i compared products and both recommend that you remove as many flatworms as...
  7. L

blue velvet nudibranch (chelidonura varians) longevity?

hi can anyone let me know of their experinces with the velvet nudibranch and how long they may live with a steady supply of food (flatworms)?
  8. L

antheilia !!! part 4 the smack down continues.

hi during my last water change on saturday i cut and sucked out some small anthelia that were begining to grow back.i have begun to notice after cutting those small anteilia out that the amount of encrusting antheilia is begining to decline. some more small polyps are developing and i am going...
  9. L

flatworms !!!

hi i have flatworms just like my antheilia i suck them out.i cannot find natural predators that i can put in my 12 gal nano. i saw a large gathering of them on the base of my sarcophyton and i sucked them off using a airtube i saw more last nite and removed them.there are some around my tank and...
  10. L

antheilia !!! part 3 after the smackdown.

hi i removed many of my antheilia by sucking them into a tube and cutting them as low as possible.i did not get them all the first time.i cut most out during my last water change they still exsit but are not growing very quickly there are small ones trying to grow but i plan on cutting more out...
  11. L

let things live

tear it out get rid of it bite me i say let it live. if its not a creature you can identify as harmful to your system then why not keep it and let it live.too many of us read all of the information on these sites and decide that they are rules we must follow no they are not rules we must...
  12. L

anthelia !!!! part 2 the smackdown

hi i just did a partial water change on my 12 gal nano.i had a population of anthelia on an upper rock that was begining to over grow some other inverts in my tank.i decided i would like to remove as much of them as i could.the way i removed them was by sucking them up into the tube i use to do...
  13. L

anthelia!!!!

does anyone know how i can reduce my anthelia population without resorting to cutting it out or removing the rock its on?:(
  14. L

a great little fish for a nano.

hi i have a yellow(coral)goby(gobiodon okinawae) in my 12 gal nano it is an awesome little fish for a nano it only grows to about an inch and a half.i feed it regular frozen brine shrimp but when i can get it i try to feed it brine shrimp enriched with spirulina. it is a really cool little fish...
  15. L

duncan, wisper or wisker coral

hi i purchased a coral today from a lfs it looks to me like a duncan (duncanopsammia axifuga) but i was told it is a wisper or wisker coral.is there such a coral? i put it in my 3 gal nano after one half hour of acclimation after i placed it in the tank it was fully open after an hour and a...
  16. L

detritus in my 3 gal nano part 2

hi in my last post i claimed that i never do water changes,that is true the few post that were left said that this is not possible due to the fact that i am not removing organic matter yes you are correct but the little 2 inch x 3 inch pile of detritus in the back of my bare bottom tank is...
  17. L

why do i want to keep detritus in my 3 gal nano

hi i started a 3gal nano reef i have no sand in it,in the back of the tank behind a piece of live rock below the filter intake i have a large pile of detritus.i decided to try to remove the detritus as i was doing so i noticed a small brittlestar i stopped removing the detritus and let it...
  18. L

the ups and downs of lfs

hi does anyone ever notice ups and downs at your lfs.i have seen my lfs (all the stores in my local area) go from good to bad and back again. they all seem to have some kind of display tank that is doing well but they seem to neglect the tanks that display the corals,inverts and fish they have...
  19. L

kicking algaes ass

hi i have a 12 gal nano that was being taken over by algae.i began using an algaecide (api marine algaecide) it worked well but i began to have some brown algae growing,at this point i realized that my phosphate level was to high. i purchased some chemi-pure added it to the system and i am...
  20. L

how i eliminated the algae in my 12 gal nano

hi i had some hair algae begining to grow it was not out of control but i did have to trim it.i added a marine algaecide to help and it worked very well.i also began a 2 gal per week water change and i know that also helped.my tank looks much better now.no bad algae and the creatures in my tank...