Search results

1. M

Patrick's RSM C-250 : Part III

Hi Patrick, love your scape... I am also restarting my RSM250 after i had neglected it for some time. How much sand did you put in yours? cheers
  2. M

Dead clam?

Hi guys, thank you all for your answers... I should remove it now, even it is not yet dead, right? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. M

Dead clam?

Thanks for your answer... Unfortunately i don't know what went wrong... I got it 2 weeks ago, it seemed to be fine, until last night... It was still open, but something didn't seem right... Should i already remove it fro the tank to avoid anything going bad for my water? Sent from my iPhone...
  4. M

Dead clam?

Hi guys, i guess my clam is dead... :( Could someone confirm? It doesn' t react to shadows, or touch... Thanks in advance.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. M

RSM 250, Replacing the 1200l/h pump and algae issues

Hi guys, just a quick update, All things seem to be great this weekend.... Algae is almost nowhere to be found.. Only some minor pieces here and there, but I can see my cleaning crew doing miracles... again thanks for all your help, especially from YNot.. cheers
  6. M

bad use of english by me.. I meant active carbon media...
  7. M

1 Week update: I added 10-12 turbo snails and a yellow tang (7 days) I reduced the light on to only 6h per day. Minimised feeding to once every 2 days replaced the secondary circulation pump which was not working with a new one, running at about 2000l/h put back on the wavebox Yesterday...
  8. M

do i need to add active carbon sponge? will it offer something? (not concerning phosphate/nitrate reduction)
  9. M

Do you think a reactor like "FMR75 Fluidised Reactor" would be a good addition? thanks
  10. M

Wll, I already tested phosphates and I have zero... I believe this reading is misleading though for the same reason Ynot says... the algae is "eating" it all to expand... same for nitrates... Do you believe I should try to raise the magnesium level as well? or this may cause additional...
  11. M

Thanks guys for all the feedback... Last weekend I clipped a lot of algae off my rocks, added 10 turbo snails (i only had 1-2 before) and also a lemon tang. Could not find a lawnmower yet, hopefully next week. yesterday I 've replaced the 2nd pump which was out of order (I guess for more...
  12. M

Here is a recent photo of the tank... still a lot of cleaning to be done... I have also this kind of algae It was recognised as codium in another forum... do you know if I should keep it or not? thanks
  13. M

Not sure if i have that much water ready.... I guess it is only like 30% maximum... Need to buy another bucket and wait 1-2 days to prepare this amount... i am not belgian.. I am from cyprus but live here since 2005.. Sent from my RM-941_eu_belgium_296 using Tapatalk
  14. M

it 's already lookinf better since last night's clean up... will post a couple more pics later...
  15. M

Hi again, here is a picture showing the situation... of course I already did some clean up after this, will get some more photos when i get home this evening... for replacement pump I also found this one... http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_dc_water_return_pump_ukwarehouse not sure...
  16. M

Thanks a million for your reply YNot, The algae I have is Bryopsis algae like you did.. I already changed my T5 to LEDs.... I guess I should reduce the amount of time the lights are on, this will not harm the corals? ( for the moment I have a controller which is emulating sunrise sunset...
  17. M

Hi guys, greetings from Belgium, My secondary pump is out of use... do you think an aqua medic ocean runner 3500 will create too much wave for the aquarium? should I go for something around 1200l/h as the original one? I have one more question, I have a great algae problem going on...
  18. M

Tube area dimensions

Thanks a million...
  19. M

Tube area dimensions

oups.... forgot to mention the most important information... it's an RSM 250, thanks
  20. M

Tube area dimensions

Hi guys, before going on with the question, I would just like to thanks you all for your input... I've been reading a lot lately in this forum. I am from Cyprus but live in Belgium... since no forum with specific threads dedicated to RSM is available at my place, yours serves me well ;) I...