Search results

1. Cheryl

Raising Specific Gravity

Thank you!!!! :thumbup: Cheryl
  2. Cheryl

Raising Specific Gravity

Also, will this level be ok for all of the residents? Coral, inverts and fish? Cheryl
  3. Cheryl

Raising Specific Gravity

Hi Craig. Thanks for the advice. Should I top it off with a higher SG than normal? Like 1.025 or higher? Cheryl
  4. Cheryl

Raising Specific Gravity

Question on Raising Specific Gravity HELLOOOOOO fellow reefers! I have certainly missed chatting with you all! The holidays make it nutso to keep a schedule! Now, for my question. I was (though not as bad) having issues with my toadstool. It seems to be doing a bit better but I read that I...
  5. Cheryl

Need Odd thread-like creature ID'd

Glad I could help Scuba22! Unfortunately I dont know anything about Hydroids. I will do a bit more research on it and see what I can find. But from the sound of it (per Anthony WWM), "plucking" them out with tweezers is a definite must! ??? Try this website: http://www.wetwebmedia.com It...
  6. Cheryl

Need Odd thread-like creature ID'd

Scuba22~ I just happened upon this photo on the Wet Web Media doing some research of my own and I remembered your thread. Lookie what I found! :bigbounce This looks very much like what you are experiencing. I will attach the photo and post. Stranded Hydroid! Yikes! 4/7/05 Hello WWM...
  7. Cheryl

My Mushrooms and Toadstool not thriving ???

Thank you Woodstock. I will take your and Craig's advice and purchase more lightning. I expect this will help the toadstool as well? :D
  8. Cheryl

I have checked the lighting. Coralife Actinic 48" and a 48" 40W 10,000K bulbs. I went by the LFS and they suggested doing a 50% water change out with Tropic Marine Scientific Formula Sea Salt Mix. Is this adviseable? Seems like everything is good but the mushrooms and toadstool. I normally use...
  9. Cheryl

So what lighting do you suggest? This has been going on prior to dosing iodine and the bulb change. :tears: I can easily stop the iodine. The bulbs are new. Cheryl
  10. Cheryl

Feeding Yellow Tangs

Oh yea, I changed my feedings to half a cube of emerald entree every other day from one cube of brine shrimp every day and that made a diff in my trAtes! :)
  11. Cheryl

Thanks Jerome! Im looking forward to the good read! Cheryl
  12. Cheryl

I am new to the SW world and RS has givin alot of good advice. But Travis suggested this link and its pretty great. http://www.reefindex.com/ I would love to have more places to research in order to pinpoint more specific topics though. Hmmm... here is my guess...I have to ask my hubby to...
  13. Cheryl

Thanks, that was helpful information. But doenst the coral need the iodine and coral vite to thrive? Cheryl
  14. Cheryl

Feeding Yellow Tangs

Hi Scuba22, I quit with putting lettuce in the tank, but if I do offer 'greens', I take it out after a while instead of leaving it in the tank til it disenagrates or overnight (at the advice of RS experts that is!!!) ;) I did download some pics of my tank. I just took it over so it will...
  15. Cheryl

oops... trAtes down from 100+ppm to 40ppm trItes 0 Amm 0 Cal 400 pH 8.3 Salinity 1.022
  16. Cheryl

Thanks guys! I am new at this so I will do my best. I will have to get with the previous tank keeper to get the specifics on the mechanical filter and sump. It does have a protein skimmer attached. I should have done this earlier! :doh: 75 gal tank, 80lbs LR, 1 1/2" live sand, Yellow Tang...
  17. Cheryl

:confused: Can anyone help me with my Mushrooms and Toadstool? I figured that after I regained control of the params of the tank that maybe that was the problem with the corals. After much research and reading through hundreds of threads, I am confused as ever. Although I dont think they...
  18. Mushroom Rock

Mushroom Rock

19. Tang going Solo

Tang going Solo

20. Tang with Toadstool

Tang with Toadstool