Search results

1. M

Red Sea Max 250 Used for Sale In NY/NJ Area.

I may be selling my Red Sea Max 250 all back no physical mods to it. I love the reefing hobby however I do not have the time to maintain everything and instead of letting the tank sit here for years I'd rather put it in the hands of someone who needs and deserves it. Please message me if you are...
  2. M

Cutting the inner wall inside the RSM 250

I've been doing some research on pre-built sumps and one of the options that I am considering is the Proflex Sump, model 1. If I end up getting this I need to cut out a hole around 10" x 18" inches in the inner wall of my cabinet. Has anyone ever done this? And if so, did you reinforce the...
  3. M

Phosphate reactor?

Will be I able to place a phosphate reactor on the back of my max w/o a sump? i do not use a chiller so i have that extra compartment
  4. M

The best test kits?!?!

I'm currently using Kordon Aquathu Salt water masser II to test trates, trites, ph, and ammonia. And for calcium and alk I'm using Instant Ocean. What is everyone else using? I'm looking into purchasing the red sea kit.
  5. M

What else can I run with CPE?

My cyano problem will not go away. I do 15 gallon wc a week, I feed once a week, and I dont know what else to do...Is there something else I can run with CPE to lower phosphates and silicites?
  6. M

Phosphate Reactor for RSM 250

How has everyone else set up their phosphate reactors? Or at least, what can I do to lower my phosphate levels? I'm running Chemi Pure Elite as of now and my cyano problem is coming back. Also, I am experiencing a hair algae breakout.
  7. M

By any chance there are any hunters on here?

It's almost fall and if you're a hunter you know that time it is! Bow season, riffle season, and all the venison you can eat! Last weekend I took down a coyote that was going after all the deer on my family's property, what a beautiful animal, but a pest! :rocket: I apologize if there are...
  8. M

What's wrong with my Toadstool?

For the past few weeks my toadstool has been limp and would not open up its polyps. Today I noticed a hole on theside about the size of a dime. What could be the cause of this?
  9. M

Effect of electirc current in a reef tank...

Over the past few weeks, I have been noticing a decline in a few of my corals, snails, and crabs. Kyley brought up the idea that it may be due to a small amount of electrical current that has been leaking through my tank over time. I googled the idea and only found one site with some valuable...
  10. M

White bubble/blister on fire goby

It's the white circle on the middle of the body.
  11. M

What is this?

It has two ball like tenticles that are yellow and a little purple. It also has stems popping up that looks like a head. Its sensitive to light and any movement towards it. Only comes out at night.
  12. M

Lags' 250

having trouble posting picture up my new tank. Help?!?!?
  13. M

How to work the timmer

I'm a little confused with setting the mechanical timer for the lighting. If you want it to run for 8 hours do you move the 8th hour to the black arrow? If someone could show me it would be greatly appreciated! BTW just got the nano reef skimmer for my rsm 250! I'll post some picks up when my LR...
  14. M

New RSM 250. What live Rock?

added the water and substrate now I'm trying to figure out what type of live rock I should use. I was debating between Pacific Deep Water, Vanuata, Fiji or maybe a combo. I'm new to this so any feedback would be great! http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=180