Search results

1. joewell

Selling all of my corals and rocks....

Need to shut my tank down as I do renovation. Eveything you see can be purchased for $450 (obviously not the tank). Will consider selling the tank too (Redsea max 130, JBJ Chiller, stand and etc.). Here are a frew pics...if interested text met at 818-915-9196 or email me at sep@joewell.com. I...
  2. joewell

Issues with timer for the lights

I'm sorry if this is a re-post! My timer is not working at times on my RSM130 - is this a common issue? Any suggestion on how to fix it?
  3. joewell

Is he safe?

He's not so much a hitchhiker...someone gave him to me! He looks like a very large hermit crab! He's about 3 to 4 inches! Here is a picture... http://www.joewell.com/IMG.JPG Is he safe in my tank?
  4. joewell

Maroon Clown - Eye Infection

My maroon clown has an infection on his left eye. It's basically a white residue that covers his entire eye. Any idea what it is?
  5. joewell

RSM 130 Bulbs

Is my only option of the 130 the bulbs that RSM makes or do I have any other options?
  6. joewell

Aiptasia in filter/skimmer chamber!

I've had an aiptasia free tank for over a year but I spotted one a rock couple of days ago and my peppermint shrimp took care of it! Being puzzled on why I got aiptasia I started looking around to see if I can find more! I noticed one attached to the wall in my chamber of death and one close...
  7. joewell

JBJ 28G Quad CF for fresh water??

Does anyone know where I can pickup a bulb for the JBJ 28G Quad CF for use in a fresh water setup??
  8. joewell

phosphates??

Majority of my base rock which I should mention came from one source has a thick green algae growing on it! I can almost peel it off! Is this due to high levels of phosphates? I have a 34g tank and change 5g once a week. I feed 3 times a week (1 cube of frozen shrimp). Everything looks great in...
  9. joewell

Mushrooms

For some reason mushrooms can't stay alive in my tank! Everything else is doing great... xenia, candy cane corals, zoas, star polyps & cabbage leather just to name a few! In fact everything else is doing super great bu the mushrooms go through a stage of looking just amazing and they just die...
  10. joewell

Pom Pom Crab?

I have a crab in my tank that made it with my LR that looks like a pom pom crab except for the colors which this one is a deep orange / brick color and the anemones look like feather dusters! He's always hiding and finally last night he came out and I had good view of him! He's very very fast...
  11. joewell

What is your water temperature?

Just curios...I've heard so many stories about what is the 'best' water temerature! I'm set at 78.5!
  12. joewell

www.lareefs.com - Thank you!

So I recently setup a RSM 130 for my home and ordered about a dozen pieces from Louis over at lareefs.com! My experience was great and I would def. go back! Louis was very nice and responded to my emails asap! I had a little issue with one of the pieces and he offered a refund without me...
  13. joewell

Is that a feather duster?

The 'feathers' open up and it looks like an open hand then it closes up and goes back inside. It does this about every second or two!
  14. joewell

What is this?

Never seen these guys before... i just noticed a few of them on the glass after my routine weekly water change! btw they are pretty small!
  15. joewell

Aiptasia in fresh water

I have a nasty aiptasia problem on 3 of my rocks. I have tried everything and I mean everything to get them out for good but no luck! A friend suggested soaking the rocks in cold fresh water for 24 hrs! I know it will kill the rock (at this point i really don't care) - will aiptasia die in...
  16. joewell

Skimmer issues -plz help!

Hi - New member here but I've been reading and following posts for several months now! I just got the 130 for my home and after installing the chiller i can't get my skimmer to work the way it should! I get a lot of bubbles in the tank! I added water to sump, check the pump and the gasket...