Search results

1. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

Well, I've pretty much solved my microbubble problem. I had the surface skimmer grate up higher than the recommended which was causing the water to fall quite a bit down into the sump. With the water outlet of the skimmer coming out the side; the flow of water coming from the tank plus the water...
  2. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

Today I decided to take the skimmer out and take it apart and put it back together again. I've been running it all day and the overflowing has stopped for now. I've been able to lower the collection cup enough to close the lid. I'm still having microbubbles, but I'm hoping they will go away as...
  3. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

I have it between the 4th-5th line. With the new stand, it sits about 9 inches down. With the old stand, it's about 4-5 inches, which goes completely against what the documentation states for this skimmer. I still haven't been able to figure out where the microbubbles are coming from. It's...
  4. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

Well, after a week of running the skimmer, it looks like it's just not going to work. If I put the original stand the previous owner had, it skims correctly. If I put mine in that allows me to close the lid, it just starts filling up the cup with water. Not to mention, the amount of microbubbles...
  5. RyanF

Harveymeister's RSM S-500

Guessing you bought the one at Age of Aquariums. I was there this weekend and I was so annoyed I didn't see this deal before you did. :P Congrats!
  6. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

Well, the tank is filled and running. I put my ATO in the chamber where the fine filter goes, which I now know wasn't a good idea since I've had to pull it out every time I need to change filters. I'm going to spend some time tomorrow to move it somewhere else. My tank is still cloudy after 24...
  7. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

Well, I've made some progress, but not as much as I had hoped. I got the sand rinsed and added to my tank (I LOVE THIS SAND!) and added my aquascape. I went with a 'minimalist' aquascape. I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but the wall-o-rocks isn't for me. This will allow me to have corals...
  8. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

After a week of soaking in a vinegar bath and a bit of elbow grease, the tank is nice and clean. I moved it into the house and installed my MP10s. Unfortunately, my floor is not level, so I'm going to have to shim my stand. While it's only about 1/8 of an inch, it's enough for me to be concerned...
  9. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

I'm excited to try it out as well. I have a dumb question though on the RSM 250. Is the black plastic surface skimmer removable? It was on the 130L. I'd like to give it a vinegar bath, but I don't see how. I don't see how people are keeping it so clean without scratching the hell out it.
  10. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

Thanks all! It's good to be back, that's for sure. Anyway, here is a couple pictures. Excuse the mess of a garage, it's very hard to keep a tidy garage with twins. Picture of the JNS WS-1. I emailed them last night and they sent me the instructions for it. Maximum depth of the unit is 10...
  11. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 250

Yesterday I finally took delivery of a used Red Sea Max 250 from a local reefer. I had previously been running a RSM 130L up until about 2 1/2 years ago when my kids were born and because of their very early entry into this world, I spent 3 1/2 months in the hospital with them, which meant there...
  12. RyanF

Back at it with the RSM250

Tank looks great!
  13. RyanF

SLF's RSM 130D

I'd also check for phosphates. If thats low, I'd chuck it in. If not, keep doing water changes till it is.
  14. RyanF

RSM 250 tank dimensions

I'll start a thread once I get it. Should be around May 3. I picked up a used JBJ 1/10 chiller yesterday from a local reefer for a great price. Ran warm water/vinegar mix through it and cleaned it all up. Looks brand new.
  15. RyanF

RSM 250 tank dimensions

Thank you so much! I was planning on resurrecting my RSM 130 from the garage that I had to take down a few years ago when my kids were born, but I found a deal on a RSM 250 that I just couldn't pass up. Very excited.
  16. RyanF

Old tank Syndrome

I think you need to consider where your phosphates are coming from. Do you make your own RODI/salt water? If so, what are you storing it in? I've read that storing RODI water in some containers can absorb phosphates from the container. Have you tried testing the RODI water for phosphates? Are...
  17. RyanF

RSM 250 tank dimensions

I have a RSM 250 coming soon, but I'm ready to start aquascaping my dry rock before it gets here. Can someone measure inside the display area for the dimensions (Length x Width x Height)? The dimensions listed on red sea's website seem like they are the entire tank with the back chambers...
  18. RyanF

Ryan's RSM 130

I finally got my chiller setup. It took me a bit to figure out how I was going to do it and it ended up taking me a couple hours yesterday to set it up. The RSM accessory kit "says" it's for 1/2 inch tubing, but it's actually 5/8. I picked up some vinyl tubing from home depot but after playing...
  19. RyanF

Where to put Rena heater in 130D?

Here you go: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/53837-ryans-rsm-130-a-13.html#post783866 (it's the 150w heater btw)
  20. RyanF

My 3 month old Red Sea Max 130D

Your tank is AMAZING!