Search results

1. C

Jedi mind trick

My fiance and I went to the "Reef-a-Palooza" in costa mesa on sunday, SO much fun! We acquired a very small frag of Jedi mind trick. I had no idea what it was when I first saw it but it was so pretty I had to bring it home. So not only did we get $80.00 in free kent products and fish food but we...
  2. C

sea hare in distress..?

I recently added a sea hare to my reef tank and about an hour ago i noticed that there is like a light blue tube like thing coming out of its mouth. Has its intestine come out? :dunno: anyone ever heard of this happening?
  3. C

Ocean water vs mix

I would like to hear some pros and cons from both sides. I am currently using ocean water in my 65 gallon reef. I'm curious if mix would be "better"
  4. C

sand bed help

I have a 65 gallon reef tank with a 3 inch sand bed, I currently have 2 nassarius snails to help stir it all up.. is this sufficient enough?
  5. C

yellow sea cucumber

My yellow sea cucumber split itself in half.. is this normal/bad?
  6. C

aiptasia :(

I just found an aiptasia on a rock where my sea star is currently hiding I think my best bet is to take the rock out and let it sit in the sun for a few weeks. My brother who has a 150 gallon fish only tank just got over the worst infestation of these pests (a year and a half battle) it was so...
  7. C

Linckia sea star

I'm new to keeping swft and was looking for a sea star for my tank, I bought a blue linckia a few months ago from the store i always go to.. the guy that sells all the reef stuff knows my tank is new and that it is my first tank. I did ask him all the right questions told him all the other...
  8. C

Pipefish..

Is a pipefish tank a good idea for a beginner sw keeper?
  9. C

toadstool :)

I just bought a toadstool leather, i'm a newbie and didn't know you were supposed to put this one in a high flow area SO the first two day it was doing good all the fingers were extended but on the third day i noticed discoloration on the edges :banghead: I thought GREAT 50 bucks down the...
  10. C

new

Hello my name is Cassy I'm new to the site and to the hobby. I have a 65 gallon reef tank with a 10 gallon sump, progressive lighting (6 t8 bulbs 3 sun, 3 moon) skimmer, sock filter, Fluval canister, UV sterilizer. So far I have a saddleback clown fish, a diamond goby, 2 sea stars, a tube fan, 5...