Search results

1. T

Aquaray LED’s can they be used to replace the T5’s in the RSM130D?

I converted mine as we got fed up with the noise of the fans in the hood, I put one all white and one all blue where the existing T5s were - very quick and simple job, but insufficient (partly because they are tucked up inside the hood so not benefiting from the spread) so I put another all...
  2. T

identify this

you are nearly there, where you put 'mb' paste in the link to the pictures, so (without the stars!!)
  3. T

Anemone Lighting

I'm thinking of an anemone for my 34g tank that is nearly a year old but lit with 3 x Aquaray LEDs (that provide enough light for all my corals including a frogspawn). I keep reading that they need strong lighting, yet in the wild I have rarely seen them above 60 feet and often down at nearly...
  4. T

Problems with flow since fitting media rack

I put my CP-E in a Seachem media bag which helped.
  5. T

Aquarays bleaching corals

For sure, I just swapped out all my halogen spots for 5w LEDs and they are fantastic, give off a very nice light without messing with your eyes like the regular low energy ones do. I've been running just Aquarays for a couple of months now without any side effects, maybe you just need either...
  6. T

New 130D

I changed mine, mainly because the stock skimmer is so noisy, it's also nice to have some room in the back for other bits and pieces.
  7. T

Vortech MP20 supplier UK (seven kings, Essex) please!!

Charterhouse are at Waltham Cross, not too far.
  8. T

If You Could Do It All Over Again Would You Go Custom?

I too went for the 130d because of it's looks, even though I know I would end up swapping out most of the bits, however if I went bigger I'd go custom, the 250 is just too expensive to be throwing bits out, for the money it would have to be 100% perfect in every way.
  9. T

The UV for U and Me

In the UK there seems a completely different attitude towards UV for removing ws and much support for it. For most of us without unlimited resources and limited space an outbreak of whitespot is the end of the world, fitting UV as a precaution helps enormously.
  10. T

Sorry, another Whitespot thread

I nipped into my LFS today to get a bit of coral and a couple of cardinals I'd seen earlier in the week. In one tank we noticed a regal tang with a bad case of whitespot (I know they are prone to this) and looking pretty unhealthy but was sharing it's tank with other healthy fish, we then...
  11. T

Cloudy water

We must get better stuff over here then ;)
  12. T

Cloudy water

My tank was a clear as a bell then I bought a tub of bad RedSea Coral Pro and in one water change it went cloudy, I then tried everything to mix a clear bucket and failed - seems I had a bad tub that moisture had got to and my leather corals hated it. I now use Seachem Reef Salt and not had a...
  13. T

which Aquarays

I just found this thread: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/55084-rsm-130d-4-aquarays-all-done.html Some brilliant info there.
  14. T

Raymo's New 130D

If introduce a gobi then don't have any rock lying just on sand, support it all with something, I used small pieces or 2" plastic waste pipe, and lots of them. I had to remove all my rock bit by bit and support it all as the gobi was tunneling under everything, better to do it now rather than...
  15. T

which Aquarays

No, at the moment I have 2 Aquarays that sit where the tubes were, but I have ordered a third which I will fit either on the flap or on the back of the hood - I think if had bought a combination with more white LEDs then I could have got away with just two strips, but I quite like the ability to...
  16. T

UV in RSM130D??

I sware by mine, it may kill off some useful stuff but I am convinced it saved my fish, the water looks great and my tank is healthy. My local swimming pool uses one (although a little bigger) instead of chemicals and it keeps the inspectors happy so I guess they must work.
  17. T

which Aquarays

They'll look good. Take the lid off, underneath you'll see 6 round plastic bungs use a littele screwdriver to take them out and you'll find 6 screws, undo them to take the lid apart. Remove T5 lamps, I then disconnected the power to them from the relay. There are 4 screws the go into the...
  18. T

UV in RSM130D??

I fitted a Vecton V2 300 UV steriliser with Eheim Compact 600 pump after an outbreak of whitespot The pump is in the skimmer chamber (I run a Tunze) and the return from the UV unit goes into the heater chamber (I have a Rena heater next to skimmer as it wont fit where it should). I bought a...
  19. T

which Aquarays

All strips have 5 LEDs, Marine white = 5 white Marine blue = 3 blue and 2 white Reef white = 3 white and 2 blue Reef blue = 5 blue I bought a pack containing 1 x 'reef blue' and 1 x 'marine white' but I dont think there is enough white light so I've ordered another 'marine white' and I will...
  20. T

New Red Sea Max

If you are going to run the power leads down the back and into the cabinet then leave enough room between the tank and the wall to feed a UK plug down the back when it's full, you will want add and change things - like the heater - I really wish I had done that as it would have made everything...