Search results

1. Teutonic

Skimmer question.

Thanks for the replies. I've got many a tank cycles under my belt. Skimmers are new to me though. I'm guessing your thoughts on them during a cycle is to not run them. As far as "wet skimming", my skimmer has a collection cup i can raise and lower. To break it in and prevent wet skimming...
  2. Teutonic

Skimmer question.

I have a question regarding skimmers. I'm roughly in week 4 of my tank cycling. My tests today read; Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0.50 Nitrate: 10 Currently planned to be FOWLR only till funds work out for lighting.55g. I've read several articles about cycling a new tank.:read: Some if not...
  3. Teutonic

Happy Birthday BigAl!!!!

Hey Al, happy birthday man!!! Eat some cake for all of us will ya. =):bday1:
  4. Shot2

Shot2

Tank cycling.
  5. Shot1

Shot1

Tank cycling.
  6. Teutonic

Hello RS!

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone.:hug1: I currently have one 36'' 21watt 10,000k T5(slimpaq). I'm leaning towards staying with T5's and not going MH. I use a wooden hood on my tank, so id imagine a quality T5 retrofit kit is going to be my path taken. ------- Here are a couple...
  7. Teutonic

Hello RS!

Nice forum you guys have here. Looking forward to being a part of it. I started out with freshwater eons ago, made the switch to SW with a new 55gallon about 4-5 years ago. I have not done corals yet but i plan to in the not too distant future. I think this forum looks like a great source of...