Search results

1. A

Beautiful sun corals cbrownfish- How about some feeding tips!

I have a sun coral also. It is retracted during the day but appears to feed on the phyto & zoo during a morning feed. Do you feed them after lights out? Do you spot feed them with a meaty food? I'm very interested to hear your regime for them. Good luck in the photo contest! All...
  2. A

Hopeful for a new supplier!

Going to visit a reccommended shop in a fellows home........only open on Saturdays.......can hardly wait!!!! But I know your sitting there thinking...."Be careful"......& I will.......apparently this guy has been in the hobby for a long period of time so I have high hopes!!!!!:tongue:
  3. A

Soooo....what are you guys using for cameras?

Been on this site half the day!!!.........Guess I'd better sign up for one of the support groups!!! Just a question though.........My pics I'm getting are "doggy dew" with my little digital..........What are you people using?....:coffee2:
  4. A

Red carpet........But not for VIP's

While everyone in the tank is doing well..........so is the the cyanobacteria......While overfeeding is no doubt partly responsible.......I expect that the light spectrum is also contributing. After water changes with a light vaccuuming the substrate looks sooo much better but within 24 hours...
  5. A

Peppermint Shrimp - Aiptasia

So...I have 2 large cleaner shrimp & I think a couple of peppermint shrimp would be a good choice to control my aiptasia in the tank......how have they worked for you guys in a reef tank? (Community fish & soft corals & hermits in tank)
  6. A

Hello Again!!!!

Gee....haven't been in here in a while!!!!!! Well.... my last posts were probably voicing frustrations of various sorts....back in Oct. '09. I am now 4 years into the hobby.....my tank is doing better than ever!!! A few problems I was having have now been dealt with & everyone is much...
  7. A

Update on New Temp Control

Hi everyone, Progress on new temp control: Well, not entirely just temp control. I have religiously been doin about a 10% weekly water change and have been more permissive re the diatoms and brown algae.......ignoring them really and .......continuing the water changes. Hoping that, as I've...
  8. A

Hey, what about Canadian on-line shopping!!

Someone suggested to me: jlaguatics.com & bigalsonline.com Anybody dealt with these suppliers?:ponder2:
  9. A

Thinking of trying an SPS or LPS

Want to try more coral; my green & blue 'shrooms, 3 colonies of various polyps, feather dusters, are all looking good! 65 Gal. system and last addition was the blue shrooms a couple of weeks ago. Want to try a coral with some good color or an anemone. Something that I can have some chance of...
  10. A

Back Wall - To Paint or not to paint??

What do you think?? I think I'll rip off that silly Greek Amphitheater background and paint back of tank black or dark blue. What do you think would be best? Pics would show up contents of tank better too, huh!! What kind of paint do you people use??
  11. A

Hey, have you seen my pics

Big thanks to BigAl07!!! Went offline last night very frustrated trying to upload pics!!! New day today, tried Allen's suggestion re paint tool to stretch/skew and this worked beautifully!!! Now I just need to appologize for the quality of the shots!! That'll improve with experience surely!!
  12. A

How often do you see your Emerald Crab?

Mine is new (2 weeks), I've seen 'im once!!
  13. A

Finally Pics

Finally got a pic file of the reef tank's progress started. Three years in and just finally getting heat under control, early recovery phase, please don't judge too harshly - but it looks much better to me!! To date new blue mushrooms doing well, opening up nicely, color good. Took a couple...
  14. A

No RSm, but wondering about Chemi-pure Elite

Hi there, wondering if I could use this product in my Fluval external filter?
  15. A

Is there any Smelt Fishing in your area??

Just a little tip on food for your tank, During the winter here in Nova Scotia, smelt fishing is a popular winter activity. I live on a large lake where smelt shacks are towed onto the ice and a hole is cut through the ice inside the shack once it is in position. Friends of mine are among...
  16. A

No RSM, but what about Chemi-pure Elite??

How 'bout it?? Can I use this product and its Poly-Filter associate in my reef tank, which is not an RSM?? Ooooooohhhh! Now that I've seen the promo on the Red Sea site........ I want one so bad!!! But I have a lot invested in my present system!!
  17. A

RSM - Wow!!!

OMG!!! Just got back from a side trip on-line to find out what this "RSM" was that everyone seems to be talkling about here!!!! Went to the Red Sea site and .......wow!!! What a system!!!! Sooo streamline and compact!!!! My next tank will definitely be one of those or its next...
  18. A

Temp control - Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

First of all I just want to say that I am relatively new in reefing ( 3 years). Until recently, I have battled against algae blooms that occupied a great deal of the time I spent on care of my system. For you new reefers, I want to impress on you that temp control (selection of a good...
  19. A

Thanks BigAl07

The coralline is doing a little better now that air-conditioning is controlling major temp fluctuations in the tank!! The brown slime algae result of the temp flucs has settled down considerably which I hope is going to allow the "desirables" do better. I think I may see a sign of some macro...
  20. A

Coralline Mostly On Undersides Of Surfaces

Now using a booster product, and have cut lighting on 1 of 2 double T5's to 11 hours from 12. Do you think this will help the corallline or do you have any other suggestions?