Search results

1. Seahorse1

Smelly RO/DI water?

I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago, you can search for the thread "Stinky RO/DI water" post if you like. Our resin apparently was expired and we had to do a few changes in the connection and add more carbon - but that's because our town water is really really bad.
  2. Seahorse1

Ammonia and other reports...

Dark, should I start turning the light on then?:dunno:
  3. Seahorse1

Alrighty, Ammonia still the same 0.25, nitrite 0.2 (down from 5), and nitrate is 20 (up from 10). So I guess is still cycling and just taking its own sweet long time :time: In a good way it's giving me time to pay-off everything I've spent on it before I add more.
  4. Seahorse1

I do have a filter sock in the sump, but I've forgotten I can use carbon for the water - thanks for reminding me!!:goofy:
  5. Seahorse1

also the skimmer keeps pulling this semi-thick dirt-like sludge and the water is yellowish...is it normal? All this has happened even though I made 3 H2O changes of 10gal each in the last few weeks.
  6. Seahorse1

3 weeks ago there were nitrites and nitrates, can't remember what the numbers were, I have it written down at home (I'm at work right now). I do have another test kit and I'll try that today and test also for the other stuff and report back.
  7. Seahorse1

:verymad: ok, my 75 gal has been cycling for the last 5 weeks. Well, the stinking ammonia has been steady at 0.25 for the last 3 weeks. I guess the live rock it's still doing it's thing... feels like it's been years! and yesterday my beloved seahorse for 2 years, passed away :cry1: :tears...
  8. Seahorse1

4' & 5' "Current" ballasts

I would ship but our UPS store refuses to ship items with lights and lights themselves. I already tried this a few times. Regular mail makes us pack our own stuff (and I don't trust myself with this task). I'm sorry I just can't ship. :( Thanks for inquiring.
  9. Seahorse1

4' & 5' "Current" ballasts

Hi, sorry I didn't answered sooner, I was busy with work. I'm selling the ballast with daylight and actinics lights and 4 moonlights. No MH. The ballasts have a total of 260watts. Please let me know if you're still interested. Thanks!
  10. Seahorse1

***Freebie cause this forum rocks***

When I first started working with marine aquariums neither my husband or daugther were interested. As time went by I would call them everytime a new hitchiker surfaced and explained what it was. For example, one day we had this tiny (about the size of a dime) thingy crawling on the wall of the...
  11. Seahorse1

How to decrease noise?

WOW! IT WORKED!!:whstlr:
  12. Seahorse1

How to decrease noise?

Ok, let's see if I got this right, here come the pics of the setup.
  13. Seahorse1

How to decrease noise?

Agh...now I need to resize! few more minutes:doh:
  14. 75g tank

75g tank

My 75 gal future reef tank - still cycling
  15. Seahorse aquarium

Seahorse aquarium

My Sunburst seahorse
  16. Seahorse aquarium

Seahorse aquarium

My Sunburst seahorse
  17. Seahorse aquarium

Seahorse aquarium

My Sunburst seahorse
  18. Seahorse1

How to decrease noise?

I'll take some pics and TRY to post in a few minutes...I hope it works, I'm not computer gifted...:(
  19. Seahorse1

How to decrease noise?

toilet bowel gurgle is EXACTLY the sound!! thanks D3, I'll get back to plumbing work then :olsmile:
  20. Seahorse1

How to decrease noise?

Just underneath the water level in sump, inside 'the sock' (I have an Eshopps sump with large 7" sock).