Search results

1. Shamus

RapidLED

I recently put an order in to RapidLED for my DIY LED build, and I must say I was extremely pleased with the entire experience! They have top notch customer service - they had forgotten to put in the power cords for my drivers and got them out to me immediately. All the LEDs worked, and they...
  2. Shamus

RSM130D Hood Thread

OK - I had a major issue with my hood a while ago, and figured that while I replaced every electronic item in the hood (minus wiring :) ) I would make a thread so anyone who needed to do the same thing would have a reference to use (especially since I've gotten so much help here on RS, I figured...
  3. Shamus

iPhone questions

Hi All, I have a question concerning RS viewing on my iPhone. Love the way most of it looks and don't have any problems posting or viewing threads but there are a couple of quirky things that I'm not sure how to solve, or if they're solveable. 1) When I reply to a thread on my iPhone, my...
  4. Shamus

Help!

Well, I'm in some trouble and looking for help. Seems my hood decided to die on me today (a day before my 1 year of being set up). It's not just the bulbs as everything is off. The power center is running fine (all pumps, heater, skimmer are all on). Anyone have any ideas as to whether there is...
  5. Shamus

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all those great moms out there!
  6. Shamus

MP10 Versus MP10 with EcoSMART Driver

Hey everyone - OK, now that the price has come down a little bit on the MP10 with the introduction of the new EcoSMART driver and with a bit of leftover B-day money to spend...I'm considering my next purchase. I've been wanting an MP10 for a while now...so it's really only a matter of time...
  7. Shamus

TB Aquatics - Two Thumbs Up!

I have to give a hooray to TB Aquatics - just received by RO/DI unit in great condition (obviously this would be expected). My two thumbs up is due to the fact that Brian at TB Aquatics was extremely helpful in the purchase - he answered all my questions very fast, and even better, when the...
  8. Shamus

90-gallon 'Work' Tank

OK - my place of work has a 90-gallon that needs some help. I've offered my services (all 7 months of experience along with it :D) to help the tank out. I'm hoping to use this thread to get some advice from the wonderful people of RS! I haven't gotten a chance to run any tests yet (this...
  9. Shamus

Green 'Velvet'

Hi all - hoping I can get some help on this one...I have this green velvet encrusting some live rock (and as you can see by the photo, looking like it is overtaking some xenia). Earlier, I had thought this was cyanobacteria (as I had some red cyano on the rocks as well due to overfeeding which...
  10. Shamus

Hello

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and to saltwater fish. I have a Red Sea Max 130D on order coming this week - really excited about the endeavor! I'll be posting updates on another thread (which I'll link in this thread as soon as I figure out how:olsmile: )...
  11. Shamus

"Shamus' RSM130D Tank Thread"

Hi Red Sea Max Owners and Reef Sanctuary Members! I'm a new member to the forums (and pretty inexperienced forum member in general, so bear with me) and a new excited aquarist. My RSM 130D is on order and is scheduled for delivery this week! Let me just tell you how useful this forum and...