Search results

1. Bounce

Survivor story: 5 hours w/o water!

About three weeks ago I had ordered a pair of Matted Filefish along with a few damsels for my 54 gallon corner tank in the media room that is getting "setup" again after being out of commission for a few months. I put all the fish through my usual acclimation procedure which consists of turning...
  2. Bounce

Brand new 40 & 75 Aqueon (All-Glass) tanks in Denton, TX

I was going to use these as sumps under my 250, but ended up going with two 65s instead. I can't return them, so I figured I'd put them up for sale here. I am asking $100 for the 75 gallon (I paid over $150) and $75 for the 40 Breeder (can't find receipt, but I think it was about $100)...
  3. Bounce

Female Clarkii trying to adopt a Flower Anemone as a host

I have a 7-8" Flower Anemone (Epicystis crucifer) in the aquarium that houses my pair of Clarkii clowns. Just today I noticed my 4" female Clarkii trying to 'nest' in the anemone, and the male has been checking it out as well. I'm worried that if either of them tries too hard that the anemone...
  4. Bounce

Clown Rage -> Zero to Nano in 60 minutes

I was on the phone in my home office around 8pm last night where my soon-to-be-dismantled 90 gallon is currently located when I heard a strange noise come from the tank. I looked over to see my female black ocellaris and my Flame Angel in an all-out war right in the middle of the tank. They...
  5. Bounce

My soon-to-be-dismantled 90 gallon

I've been gradually taking it apart to make room for the 250 gallon that is going to be built into the wall. I took the first picture shortly after returning from being out of town for three weeks. I was gone longer than expected and the person taking care of it for me didn't know to pull...
  6. Bounce

54 gallon with a tiny sump needs a skimmer...

And I'm not sure what to get. Here's what I'm working with: 54 gallon AGA corner over-flow tank "10 gallon high" acrylic sump (8"w x 16"L x 17"H) on order from glasscages.com Intended occupants: 1 pair of black ocellaris Roughly 100 lbs liverock Eventually a BTA I don't have any...
  7. Bounce

Diving in

I've been lurking for quite some time and just recently registered so I figured I might as well... I've recently returned to keeping saltwater aquaria; many years ago I had more tanks than I care to admit around my house. I used to keep and raise Hippocampus sp. and managed to have some luck...