Search results

1. J

half a 'nem

Just out of curiosity... what kind of powerhead was it? Are there any "nem safe" powerheads?
  2. J

Bristle Worms

I am just wondering what you guys thing of them. Are they good/bad? I read somewhere that they can kill anemones - is this true? what else can they damage kill? What are some effective and easy ways to get rid of them? I read that coral banded shrimps will eat them.
  3. J

Help ID This Macro Algae

Thanks for all your help! I am torn about what to do with it because it is in a prime location (top front center) of my tank! If I try to remove it from the rock and more it somewhere else, think it will survive?
  4. J

Help ID This Macro Algae

I looked up "Codium" and it looks lilke a likely candidate. I can't find if it's good or bad.
  5. J

Help ID This Macro Algae

Ok, I think I have a better picture!
  6. DSC01450

DSC01450

7. J

Help ID This Macro Algae

Its about the size of a fist. I don't have a better camera. I will try to borrow one from a friend.
  8. J

Help ID This Macro Algae

I have had this thing in my display tank since day one. Does anyone know what it is and if it's good or bad?
  9. unknown macro algae

unknown macro algae

10. J

How small can an Anemone be?

I just bought a peice of coral from the LFS. It has been in my tank for a few days and today I just noticed on the top of the rock that the coral was attached to something that looked like a really really small Rose Bubble Tip Anemone. It is smaller than a penny and the tentacles are really...
  11. J

electric shock

Just out a curiosity... Wouldn't a GFI protect you? It should trip if current is leaking into the tank right?
  12. J

Reusing Live Sand

Would you just use tape water, or would you use treated (conditioned) or RO water?
  13. J

Reusing Live Sand

A friend of mine gave me some live sand about a month ago. It is sitting in a rubbermaid container in my basement. I am setting up a new sump and I want to put a deep sand bed in it. What should I do to prep the sand before I put it in the sump?