Search results

1. Reef Ghost

Mariculture Technology

http://www.mariculturetechnology.com/Foods.htm They sell live and frozen foods, I just bought 100 of the saltwater feeder shrimp. There were at least 150 in the bag range of 1/4" - 3/4". Great prices and they carry a wide variety of foods, algae etc. Check them out when you have a chance.
  2. Reef Ghost

Sea Hare is a serious eating machine.

Well my fuge turned into a science experiment of nasty algae's. Hair algae started growing in the main tank and I couldn't find the source of this grief until I realized it was my own fault. I hadn't changed the filters in my RO/DI system and this mess in the fuge slowed the water flow inside...
  3. Reef Ghost

Red Sea Aiptasia - X

This stuff is amazing, less than ten seconds and those annoying aiptasia are DEAD. Nothing to suck out of the tank, no mess and seconds to apply it. The stuff did not bother or harm any corals - fish but it did have one side effect. Approx 24hrs later my skimmer went into overdrive, massive...
  4. Reef Ghost

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

I really wanted the MP40 but my forehead was soaked with sweat and fingers shaking as I paid for the MP20, figured if it didn't work out I would put it in my Red Sea Max 130. It's rated for "up to 70gal", well it's in my 48" 90gal mix reef and it has no problem making a wave. I can only imagine...
  5. Reef Ghost

MH "Experts" I Need Your Input

I am hoping to have a 250 gal Marineland Deep Dimension tank this fall. It's big, 60"L x 36"D x 27"H. A "normal" light fixture across the top just won't cut it imo, I think I should be looking at 3 if not 4, 150 MH pendents (14K range?) to cover that 36" depth. I think they should be staggered...
  6. Reef Ghost

ASM Skimmer G3

Does anyone know where I can get the owners manual on a PDF download? All Seas Marine website doesnt seem to work very well, at least not today! I bought this tank setup used a few years ago, never had to touch the skimmer except for emptying the cup. But a small crab crawled inside it and blew...
  7. Reef Ghost

Tank Covered or not?

Wondering what everyone is doing as far as to cover or not? I recently removed the glass top from my 90gal and built some screen covers to replace them, lighted by a Nova Extreme T5 432 watt setup, to allow more heat to escape. - Now we all have seen and felt how glass magnifies the sunlight...
  8. Reef Ghost

Hello everyone!

I have been "stalking" here for a long time but decided to jump in. I have a 90gal display tank with a 30 gal fuge, 55 gal xenia tank, and a Red Sea Max 130 (I am patiently awaiting the euroreef skimmer for this). I'm not a big "poster" on these sites because I have only been into the reefs for...