Search results

1. Xenomorph25

What is this in my daisys?

I can't tell... can you get a better picture? From here it looks like snowflake...:snow:
  2. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

Does anyone out there have Cort Coral? I've got a relatively large couple of stalks and a little clown who has taken to hosting it! I'm slightly worried that he will bug the Coral too much, and it won't be able to breath, so to speak... Anyone have any issues with this? Or is Colt...
  3. Xenomorph25

Hitchhiker Anemone

So, as a follow up... I used Aiptasia-RX... it came in a little bottle, completely separated... meaning the bottom half was a gluey like white substance, and the top half was a very liquid and semi-transparent liquid. I used the included dropper to mix the thick bottom and thin top together...
  4. Xenomorph25

Question about Red banded pistol shrimp

I've got a pistol shrimp, which has dug out everything underneath every live rock I have... and the Watchman hides in his tunnels with him. While the pistol tends to move from one side of the tank to the other side, constantly digging, the Watchman prefers the left hand side. They hang about...
  5. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

So, my little Clown has decided to host my Cort Coral! My wife loves to see him rubbing up and swimming in the stalks... Does anyone have any bad experiences with this not helping the Cort Coral? My Xenia are staying pretty much pouty... they stay shriveled, I think due to the fish...
  6. Xenomorph25

Diving in Maui (PICTURES!)

Very nice! Made me feel like I was back in the ocean...
  7. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

Did not blast him apart. Decided to get Aiptasia-RX, as it was what the LFS had. Worked like a charm. It shriveled up, I removed any excess RX that may have missed the target, or fallen off, and let it be for 30 minutes. Then I turned all of the pumps back on. This morning I have no...
  8. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

So, on my way home from the office, I'm going to stop by the LFS and pick up something to kill the anemone... I don't have the parts or the knowhow to create the Anemone-Prod. Anyone have any experience with Aiptasia-X on Majano? From what I've read it should work in the same manner... Or...
  9. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

Great! Was hoping that I read it right... made perfect sense in my mind!
  10. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

So, I read somewhere that it is good to run your sump on an opposite schedule (lighting schedule) from the DT. How, it keeps the bacteria and cheato working to purify the water while the DT is sleeping. Does anyone run their Sump on an opposite schedule? I have been running my sump light...
  11. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

^ HAHAHA Awesome!! Sometimes it feels like time traveling ... fall asleep on a jet, wake up somewhere else. Gone from the house for weeks at a time... come home and my daughter is doing something new, like growing a tooth, saying, "mama" (not dada, obviously, lol!) or walking! On...
  12. Xenomorph25

Hitchhiker Anemone

...it dies tonight...:flame:
  13. Xenomorph25

Hitchhiker Anemone

A couple up close and personal shots.
  14. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

Here are a few more shots of the hitch hiking anemone... One with the flash, one without...
  15. Xenomorph25

Hitchhiker Anemone

Sure, I'll post a bigger pic tonight.
  16. Xenomorph25

Scooter Blenny

I had a scooter blenny and fed it Emerald Entree, an omnivorous mixture. He went right for it. But... every fish is different.
  17. Xenomorph25

Hitchhiker Anemone

What do you think this is? Majano? :guns: Does the lemon/lime injection work? Aiptasia-X (or is that only for aiptasia)? OR - is it not Majano?:fingerx: It looks like it is stinging the two mushroom coral bits closest to it...:cursin:
  18. Xenomorph25

Seth's 45 gallon adventure

Great looking tank! I love the 360 viewing, wonderful idea. That monti is amazing!
  19. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

Tanks Reefmack, Midas Blenny, that sounds right! I also would have to agree with you on the Majano anemone... After looking through some of the hitch hiker ID pages, it seems like that is what I have...
  20. Xenomorph25

The Traveler's Reef

Thank's for the help with the pictures, reefmack. Anyone have any advice for the other questions?