Search results

1. WayneT

Best live rock?

I'm finally in the position to pick up some live rock. I have to have it shipped in because I live so far away from anything. My closest LFS is 2 hours away. I was wondering if anyone has purchased live frock from Just Live Rock. This is aqua cultured rock from the Florida keys. I'm...
  2. WayneT

Marineland LED fixture

Has anyone heard anything about the new Marineland LED's? I saw them advertised this month but have not seen them anyplace else, including their website. I'm pulling out what little hair I have trying to figure out what lighting system I should use on my new 150 and I don't want to buy short...
  3. WayneT

New 150g Reef

This thread will probably go on for quite a while. Although this is not my first attempt at a reef tank I plan on taking more time and enjoying it more now that I'm retired and can dedicate more time to the hobby. If I don't run out of money I should be OK. It will either keep me so busy I won't...
  4. WayneT

Starting out again after 15 years

So much has happened in this hobby (obsession) in the last 15 years I figured I'd post this in the beginning forum as I really feel like I'm just starting again. I'm in the process of building in a 150g (60X24X25) tank that will act as a room/hallway divider. That is if I ever finish the...
  5. WayneT

What size and how many holes?

I'm in the process of building in a 150g (60X24X25) tank that will act as a room/hallway divider. That is if I ever finish the built in.:banghead: Although I'm not new to reef tanks, my last one was a 125 that I lost in a hurricane, and I have been working with salt water systems since the...