Search results

1. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

Has anybody used on of these on a 130D? http://autotopoff.com/products/
  2. M

Mushrooms out nitrates in

I still did not get all the shrooms out that I want. I will post a photo when done with the rearranging.
  3. M

Red Sea Max 130d LED Lights

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/89724-accent-lighting-my-130d.html
  4. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

Is anybody running an ATO on their 130D
  5. M

Yes I checked it the night before it was 8.3. I mixed a new batch and the ph is only about 8? I checked with the LFS yesterday they said if I bring in the rock with the mushrooms he will give me a new rock.
  6. M

I've been overrun with mushrooms. I started cutting them off the rocks and scraping any flesh left behind. Now I'm getting nitrates. I have never had a nitrate reading since I first cycled the tank. I still have more shrooms to get rid of. I did a 30% WC right after putting the rocks back in the...
  7. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

I got it! I can hook up an ATO to my RO unit ans just plug in into a timer to run 15 min per day. I did the math and if it was to fail I would only dump 1.2 gal into the tank per day. if i used the pump in a bucket I could dump 5gal in one shot that would be more likely to wipe out my tank. I...
  8. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

Thanks I was looking at the pros and cons of doing it both ways. I would try to rig up some kind of fail safe if I run direct. I would like to hear what other people are using.
  9. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

Hi, I am looking for an ATO that I can buy or build for around $100. Does anybody have any suggestions? I saw the Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off. I would rather hook up something that runs strait off my RO unit and eliminate the pump if possible. Running off a pump my be a little safer...
  10. M

Dose pump for a 130D?

Thanks guys, I want one for cal, one for Alk and one to use for a top off. How do you set them up so it adds the correct amout?
  11. M

Accent lighting to my 130D

I am not proud of my tank right now everything is over grown. I am looking for a local reefer to take some of the stuff the watermelon mushrooms and Kenya tree have taken over. I lost several corals in the past two months aswell.
  12. M

Led fixture Lights only Lights and LEDs LEDs only
  13. M

For the longest time I have wanted to add accent lighting to my 130D to make the corals glow. I had a couple attempts with different fixtures with out much success. I just put the Blue Marineland Aquatic Accent LED System on and it works great. It does not fit conventionally to the tank, I was...
  14. M

Dose pump for a 130D?

Does anybody use a dose pump on there 130D? I was thinking of getting one but I don't know much about them. What I see on line everything goes into a sump. will a dose pump work in the cabinet and pump up to the tank? any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
  15. M

Matted filefsh

I have one in my fowlr tank. I bought a bunch of rock from a guy and used it in my three tanks. I never had aiptasia before. since I put the rock in I have had an aiptasia problem in the two tanks without the file fish. I can't say if he would bother your corals but he is the easiest fish in my...
  16. M

Flame Angel

I had a flame angle in a red sea max 34 gal tank with out a problem other then he killed most of my coral. They are not all reef safe.
  17. M

bubbles on rock

That is what happen to me just before a huge Cyanobacteria outbreak. too me a while to get it under control cleaned all the Cyano off with a toothbrush and use a turkey baster to clear the bubbles a couple times a week.
  18. M

How do I get a dotty back out of a tank?

Thank for the link. It is amazing the tank has a totally different attitude since he is out and it's only been a little over an hour. My clown that huddles in the top corner by the return is swimming all over the place and my diamond goby who I never ever see is sifting sand all over the tank...
  19. M

Gatorade bottle worked like a charm took about 1/2 hr and he has been relocated back to the 15 gal tank. Now to find a replacement something as vibrant and beautiful but plays nice with others. I'm open to suggestions
  20. M

The last time I did it I used a Gatorade bottle with fishing line attached to the top. the only problem is you have to watch and pull the bottle out as soon as he goes in or he can swim back out. This will be my weekend project.