Search results

1. djrufio

Lighting suggestions for my 20 gallon hex

Hey guys I was wondering if everyone could help me out with my selection for a light for my Seaclear 20 gallon acrylic hex tank (SeaClear Deluxe Hexagon 20 Gallon Aquarium Combos at PETCO). It finished cycling about 2 weeks ago and I will be keeping a mantis shrimp in it, I want to keep some...
  2. djrufio

Setting up a Mantis Tank?

Hey guys, After getting a 12g nano up and running for my girlfriend I have decided I want a tank of my own. So basically I have been doing a lot of reading up on Mantis shrimp and I've decided to set up a small species only pico tank for one of these guys. I need some advice on possible...
  3. djrufio

How to: refugium for 12g Aquapod?

Hey guys, I'm currently done cycling a Current USA 12g Aquapod. I've had it up and running with 10lbs live sand and 16lbs LR for almost 2 months now. My question is this: does anyone have an easy way to convert one of the back compartments to a refugium with chaeto? I've searched other...
  4. djrufio

Powersweep suggestions for an Aquapod 12g?

Hey guys its me....again. I'm setting up a stock 12g Aquapod nano and I want to increase the flow in my tank. I really like the idea of a powersweep powerhead but I do not know which brand/model would best work for me. If anyone could identify the brand used in this video (YouTube - aquapod...
  5. djrufio

Copepods during cycling?

Hello again. I am currently 3 weeks into cycling my gf's 12g Aquapod nano. I tested the water last weekend and I will check again to make sure the tank is doing it's thing :) My question is this... I want to purchase some pods (the live in bottle type they sell at my lfs) and stock them in the...
  6. djrufio

Hello Everybody

How's it going everyone? I'm DJ Rufio and I'm from the San Francisco/Bay Area (currently at SFSU) I must admit I have been "hiding in the shadows", I've spent a good deal of time on this site reading up and trying to learn from you guys over the last 2 months. I've done freshwater aquariums...