Search results

1. G

Fun Birthday Idea for Salt Water Nuts

Just wanted to give a shout out to my wife for a great idea. She contacted a local baker (artisan really) in Salisbury, NC and had some custom cupcakes made: http://www.thecakeattic.com/ I had joked that she could bake me coral and sea urchin cupcakes and she found a way to make it happen! If...
  2. G

Member/Visitor Mapping?

Just a quick thought I had. There seems to be a lot of international members and visitors on RS. Is there or has there ever been a simple mapping applet to allow forum members & lurkers to visualize site access (other than admins whom I'm sure can geo track IPs)? I've seen applets used on other...
  3. G

LedGroupBuy Lumia 5.1 Build - Let there be light!

Hello all! Thought I’d kick off my DIY dense matrix LED build (knock off Kessil). It’s going to be built around a LedGroupBuy Lumia 5.1 chip, Reef version of course. See link below for info on that chip: http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/lumia-5-1-100w-full-spectrum-5-channel-led/ Reefbuilders...
  4. G

Happy Birthday Travis!

No birthday wishes in over a month! Gotta change that lol..... Happy Bday to anyone who had one in October! :wave:
  5. G

Aquarium Specialty

Hello all! Just wanted to recommend Aquarium Specialty as a great source of dry-goods. They're sort of local to me since they are located in South Carolina, shipping speeds are pretty darn quick and they have a pretty good selection & prices. I see they were a sponsor some time ago and hadn't...
  6. G

Interesting Oar Fish Spotted

Pretty cool fish. Don't hear about these too much. Need to ask my LFS about getting one lol. http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/15/us/california-18-foot-oarfish/ Later! :wave:
  7. G

Shallow Sump Design, Integrated Fuge/Frag Display

Hello All! Accepting any input on a new sump design I'm playing with. It's minimalist as far as places for ancillary gear e.g. heaters, probes, pumps etc... But the goal is to remove the ubiquitous sump to a display of sorts. It'd be a shallow design (23x37x14) but plenty of room for my pending...
  8. G

Hach Digital Titrator, Anyone need/want one?

Hey all... I'm unable to post a classified (due to lack of posts, I lurk more than post these days :) ) but really want to pass a good deal to a RS member. I have a titrator on fleabay right now, if anyone is interested they can look it up there (the one for $89) and if they buy it I'll throw in...
  9. G

Post Your Aqua Illumination Apex Program Ideas... I Need Inspiration!

Howdy all.... I just picked up (2) Sol Blues and a VDM. Everything is working fine but I feel there is a lot of potential in this combo that I may be missing. So, if anyone knows of or uses some fantastic program(s) or idea(s) can you please post em along with there functional descriptions...
  10. G

FS: Iwaki 30RXT/40RT, ReeFlo Marlin, MRC MR-2 w/ Quick Release Hub

Hey all… Making room for some new stuff so want to clear out the following (for now) :olsmile:. (1) Iwaki MD-30RXT, New - Asking 189.00 Plus S&H (1) Iwaki MD-40RT, New - Asking 249.00 Plus S&H (1) Reeflo Marlin, New - Asking 350.00 Plus S&H (1) MRC MR-2, Dual Beckett w/ quick...
  11. G

OceanReeflections, Solana 60XL Purchase

Just wanted to point out some great customer service from OceanReeflections! Was really impressed with the communications and prompt delivery/tracking info. Picked up my Solana 60XL sans light and light arms for a pretty good price. Delivery time was 7 business days from date of payment, not...