Search results

1. R

Colt Coral Receding??

I looked this morning and my colt coral appears to have shrunken in somewhat. I checked my water params, all seems to be ok, other than my Nitrates being up around 20. That's due to me being gone for 2 wks, and the people I had helping out, probably overfeeding. I'm doing a water change...
  2. R

New Coral, Sponge on Rock, Should I Quarantine?

Ok, I've been in the hobby for about 7 months now. I've read a couple of threads about QT tanks. I have started dipping new coral before putting into my tank, although I still have questions on that process. I haven't had any issues (knock on wood). I just got this Ricordia rock today. I...
  3. R

No brown jelly, but Frogspawn is disappearing

I got the frogspawn along with a fox coral and a plate coral 10 days ago. The water the frogspawn shipped in was freezing when I got it, even though there was a hot pack in the package. I acclimated with drip and put in tank. It was in the sand, but my clowns kept "kicking" sand onto it. I...
  4. R

Help! Is my Scolymia dying???

I just purchased a new coral and it arrived Sat. I acclimated for an hour and added to my tank on Sat, 20 min after it arrived by FedEx. I did not have lights on during day 1, reduced to 4 hrs for day two, and on day 3, I noticed what looks to be skeleton sticking out of the top corners. Is...
  5. R

ATO suggestions for 130 please?

I have had my tank for 4 months now. I'm taking my first trip and I'm incredibly nervous about leaving my tank alone :tears: I will be gone 4 days and I went to LFS to get auto top off to help replace evaporated water. The unit they sold me (almost $100) doesn't fit into the back chambers...
  6. R

HELP!!! My RSM 130 has been "cycling" for over a months

I bought my first saltwater tank, an RSM 130, at the end April. Added live rock on 2nd day, and more a week later that was uncured. I understood from reading that uncured rock takes longer, but i haven't really noticed any true spikes in ammonia, nitrates, or nitrites. IT'S BEEN 2 MONTHS...
  7. R

Excited, have many questions!!!

Hello all, I just got a RSM 130 last Sunday. I set it up with live rock and sand, and have some questions. I've been reading for two weeks now (1 week before I bought aquarium, and this week). I have the New Marine Aquarium:Step by Step Setup and Stocking Guide by Michael Paletta - good...