Search results

1. B

Branching Hammer question.

I have a new addition to my tank. its a branching hammer with 4 heads. Heres a background to my tank. its an 85 gal with 2x48" T5 HO 120 lb rock, 100 lb sand 2x Modded Seaclone's 2 Korila 1's 1 Maxijet 1200 1 Korilia 3 Current Perams - Trite - 0 TrAte - 5 Amm - 0 Ph - 8.2...
  2. B

Needed, 1 bioball....

im gunna be trying something soon. anyone wanna send me 1 bioball...ill pay shipping... (because its so small can probably go letter mail) to canada, p7e4p2
  3. B

URGENT -- electrical question

I just about had a fire, one of my extension cords got soaked and shorted out, i caught it in time that it only burnt a 1/2 inch spot of carpet.... i unplugged it faster then i could say reef. now i dont smell anything, nor do i see any smoke, but im still kinda parinoid that the wires...
  4. B

whats wrong with my clowns? Red spots on head...

hey guys, i just noticed some red spots on my 2 clowns on their heads. they've been kinda acting weird latley and eating alot of gravel. heres the specs on my tank 55gal 40-50 lb LR Nitrate - 5 Nitrite - 0 Ph - 8.2 SG - 1.026 Phos - 0 AMM - 0 heres a pic on the first...
  5. B

what can i have now??!

hey guys, i just upgraded my lighting significantly, im now running 2 t5 bulbs and 2 t8 bulbs... i have 40 odd lbs of LR, and quite alot of flow... what can i run without killing it?
  6. B

Starting Fresh, i mean Salty.... My NEW 80 Gallon upgrade!

Hey guys, So ive been around this place for just about a year, ive had some trials and tribulations with my tank. Ive found out, you buy cheap, you buy twice. and now its time for me to upgrade and to do it right! Im picking up my new (to me) 80 gal tank from someone on...
  7. B

determining flow rate?

hey r/s, whats up? anyway if you've been following along with my tank atall, ive had a few designs for a sump, and now ive got one i wanna go with. I know im going to be using an overflow to feed the fuge/sump, but what i dont know is how big of a pump to get to match the flow of the overflow...
  8. B

hoping your on here...THUNDER BAY ONTARIO

Hey, im just putting this out here hoping that one of my fathers friends (a newbie to SW tanks) is researching and reading this.. they have a 60 Gal cube tank, t5 lighting and a big canister filter (as described by my father) here is my gripe, their tank has been up for 10 days... thats...
  9. B

clowns are bullies, firefish uber skinny

hey guys, i have a standard firefish goby who is excellent health, hes always swimming around, chillin on his side of the tank, and has actually chased my one big clown around. anyway ive always noticed that come feeding time hes really passive, the clowns attack the food and next to nothing...
  10. B

chromis only disease?

a couple weeks ago i added 2 new blue green chromis about a week or so later, my one chromis (which i have had since my tank started) kicked the bucket. he was swimming along the bottom of the tank, all the time and just started twitching. well today i noticed my other 2 swimming along the...
  11. B

found a clam

so i found a clam in my zoa's... ill get a pic as soon as i can. HOWEVER, can a clam nuke a tank if it dies? although my tank has been up almost 8 months i have no where NEAR the lighting to support it. i have a 48w actinic and a 48w t8 power glo.... so what should i do?
  12. B

ok another question lol

ok so, most of you have read my saga about the dry live rock im keeping it, only because i need rock, bad so ive been curing it since thursday, done 2 water changes in the water its in/ i tested it just now, and the ammonia is 0, aswell as the nitrite... no way its cured already...
  13. B

so uh.. HELP URGENT!!

so i just finished a 20 gal water change and tank clean up... plugged my filter back in, and its stone dead... it wont turn on atall i have 2 power heads, and a protein skimmer...my LFS opens at 9 am... think ill be ok until then?
  14. B

Dry shipped live rock

I dont know if anyone here saw my thread. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/ottawa-inverts/51410-ottawa-inverts.html anyway. i got the rock today, a month and 2 weeks past the ordering day. Patrick seemed to have made amens and i was impressed. then i got the rock. It was shipped...
  15. B

Red leaf?

im getting what i thought was red bubble alge... but i looked at it closly and tried to suck it from the bottom. What i noticed is its very well attached to the rock, and more like a leaf... ill try to get pics tomorrow, any idea what it might be?
  16. B

i want a sump.

i have a few questions, i understand i need an overflow of sorts, i have a hang on back filter with a built in pump, so i know i cant use that as an over flow, or can i...? it needs a certain amount of water in it to keep it running and pumping, so unless i drill it higher then it needs...
  17. B

sikiddish fire fish?

so i picked up a firefish the other day, and he was pretty social, my clowns kind bugged him a bit.... now since then he only comes out of hiding if i move his rock, or if i feed directly in front of the rock...my perameters are great and he is still eating...should i just give it time, or...
  18. B

Acceptable Sump/fuge design?

been reading quite a bit, and i think i have an acceptable design, and something that would be rather effective.
  19. B

umm....oh...shart

so i just was examining my tank...low and behold...it has a chip on the inside, its almost like a crack, but its less then 1/16 of an inch...IM HORRIFIED!! im looking for another tank ASAP! how long do you think it will last?
  20. B

wassasdas?

picked up some live and base rock the live rock has a worm on it, small, red and about 1/2" long looks like a centipede not overly concerned about it, but i have a couple other things im wondering about these little gaffers are everywhere on my rocks. in orange and this red...good...