Search results

1. Wakeskater02

Please Help I poisoned my system

Maybe throwing carbon in your system will help absorb some of the toxins? Also, Phosguard might help with the phosphates...? Just an idea? Good luck.
  2. Wakeskater02

August 2010 POTM VOTING!

Where is the gallery?
  3. Wakeskater02

August 2010 POTM VOTING!

How did my photo not even make it in? I don't understand as I was one of the first people to post my photo? This makes no sense at all? Must be Politics.
  4. Wakeskater02

Soooo....what are you guys using for cameras?

Definitely. I shoot my pics with the 18-55mm mostly!
  5. Wakeskater02

Correct. That iss my mistake. As for the chip sensor it is considerably larger, up to 25% larger in DSLRs v. p-N-s's. This allows DSLRs to capture all the color and variation that corals have to offer. (esspecially rainbow Acans....lol. You also, have much more control over your photos with...
  6. Wakeskater02

Thanks. I love macro photography!
  7. Wakeskater02

The reason that your shots won't look like that is, because (and it gets pretty technical), but the simple and uncomplicated answer is. A point-n-shoot is not a DSLR. A DSLR camera gets great shots, because it has a completely different sensor in it. in the Canons they use what is called a...
  8. Wakeskater02

crocea clam

I would be more concerned with lighting. They definitely need MH or T5s
  9. Wakeskater02

Nano... You can change that you just need to get a macro tube extension. It locks on to the body and then you lock the lens to the end of that. They are a little pricey about $150 - $300 depending upon the magnification, but they do have auto-focusing as well so your shots will end up crystal...
  10. Wakeskater02

It depends upon the subject, distance and settings of what I am trying to shoot (Lighting, distance, depth of field...etc...). The Full Tank Shot - lens configuration was set up much different than the R/G-BTA setup. But let's say for example the BTA picture... The Macro filters are...
  11. Wakeskater02

Okay, Okay....I will share my secret, but you guys promise you can't laugh! AHAHAHAHAHA! Here is exactly what I use! Body - Canon T1i 15.1 MP DSLR $700.00 Lens - 18-55mm $100.00 Filter - Close up Macro Filter Kit $13.00 From here it is all about learning the specific functions...
  12. Wakeskater02

Thanks! I need followers! I just went to a friend's house today and shot his tank for him. As you can see some of his corals are utterly rediculous. I wish I could change my picture for the contest, as I just took a bunch of pictures today! Here is the one I wish I would have used for the...
  13. Wakeskater02

August 2010 POTM Contest!

Thank you! It is a work in progress, but I have been working on an entire photography post for the blog, so look for that coming in the near future!!! I hope you vote for me! I have a bunch more photos, but I don't want to post them on here as this is the contest page. If you want to see...
  14. Wakeskater02

Ya, the 100mm L is rediculous. They are selling it on Adorama.com for $944.00 right now. Umm, to be honest, I went to amazon.com typed in Macro filters and bought them for $13.00!
  15. Wakeskater02

August 2010 POTM Contest!

Here is my entry... One of my Acans... I took this photo with my Canon T1i, a Canon f2.8 L 70-200mm IS USM Lens, attached to a Canon Auto Focus Macro Extension Tube. HOPE YOU VOTE FOR ME!!!! :jumprope: :jumprope: :jumprope: :jumprope:
  16. Wakeskater02

These pictures were either taken with a Canon T1i body and either the stock 18-55mm IS lens with Macro Filters, or a Canon f2.8 L 70-200 IS USM with a Canon Macro Extension Tube. Hope you enjoy! Again, hope you enjoy! :lurk:
  17. Wakeskater02

Pictures from Snorkling Grand Cayman!

I went out of this exact place I believe. I went to the reef in October of 09'. It was amazing. I esspecially liked the atlantic blue tangs! The rays are definitely huge there.
  18. Wakeskater02

Windex

+1... It has to do with the Ammonia in Windex, or other household glass cleaners... There is one that I have used for over 3 years and it works well and doesn't contain Ammonia. It's called Sprayway, they have it at Walmart and Target. It is great it is a foam type so you really don't get...
  19. Wakeskater02

Vortech MP20 problem...

That is correct. The blinking red means that there is some type of connection error between the wet side and the dry side. Usually that it has indeed stopped spinning. I just took mine apart and cleaned it and it seems to work perfect. I have the MP40w, basically the same thing however.