Search results

1. O

What do I do with clownfish eggs???

My pair of Clarkii clownfish have been spawning! What do I do with the eggs now??? I've never reared any fish. They spawned on the side of a rock, surrounded by a forest of pulsing xenia. Any direction would be appreciated! At first I thought the orange mass was some weird algae, but then...
  2. O

Pulsing Xenias for sale - Ohio

White pom pom pulsing xenias for sale! I have 7 reef plugs of the xenias that I've fragged and will sell them for $10 each. I prefer local pickup. I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I can also ship if you want, but shipping is extra and I can not guarantee they will be alive. Especially now in...
  3. O

Pulsing Xenia for Sale - Ohio

White pom pom pulsing xenias for sale! I have 7 reef plugs of the xenias that I've fragged and will sell them for $10 each. I prefer local pickup. I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I can also ship if you want, but shipping is extra and I can not guarantee they will be alive. Especially...
  4. O

Kalkwasser vs Carbonate and Calcium Liquid Supplements?

Are there any advantages to using Kalkwasser versus using products like liquid carbonate and liquid calcium supplements? I'm thinking of switching to Kalkwasser and wanted to get opinions before doing so. I know I'd have to buy a dosing tank for the Kalkwasser.
  5. O

Sally Lightfoot Crab

This will probably spark some controversy. Can you please share your experience if you have kept sally lightfoot crabs in your reef tank? I have a tank full of soft corals and LPS corals. Have your sally's ever eaten any inhabitants? Mine is fairly large now! I have never lost anything to...
  6. O

Caulerpa for Sale

Ok, no snarky remarks people! I know a lot of people are anti-caulerpa, but I've had success. I have some nice, healthy grape caulerpa for sale if anyone wants to buy any. Please let me know. I'd probably ship after Thanksgiving to avoid delays.
  7. O

Did my Porceline Crab Get Eaten?????

My beautiful porceline crab is gone!!! :tears: It was beautiful and molting and growing and I've had it for a while . Its host was my pipe organ coral. I talked to my coral guy today and he said that my mandarin or clarkii clownfish possibly ate it??? Could that be? Maybe I'm...
  8. O

Fragging Kit, Reef plugs, etc.

My tank is being overrun by pulsing xenia, and I would like to remove some of them and attach onto reef plugs or rock rubble to sell. I would like a small acrylic box to hang in my tank to house them. Where's a good place online to get these types of items? I just got a frogspawn and there...
  9. O

Pulsing Xenia & Kenya Tree & Fragging

Ok, my pulsing xenia and kenya trees are starting to take over my tank, so I'd like to know how a good way to attach them onto rocks or reef plugs and sell the excess. I'm sure there are other posts with this topic. Can someone please provide any input or direct me to other postings? I...
  10. O

Protein Skimmer for Sale

I just purchased an AquaC Remora protein skimmer and I am selling my old Bak Pak 2 skimmer. It's currently not working, but I think it just needs the powerhead replaced. I don't want to monkey with it and have been wanting an AquaC, so if anyone is interested in purchasing it, I will sell it...
  11. O

Looking for new T5 fixture

I have a Catalina T5 fixture and it's been fine, except I just went to replace the bulbs, and only 2 out of 4 turn on! So right now I'm just running the actinics and the 10K ones don't work :-/ I tried doing different combos and I don't know what's wrong. The fixture also seems pretty cheaply...
  12. O

Powerhead for Bak Pak II protein skimmer?

I would like to replace the powerhead that came with my Bak Pak II protein skimmer. It's not doing anything anymore (no bubbles) and read in the past that other pumps work better. It came with a Rio 600RV powerhead. What other powerheads can I buy that will fit my Bak-Pak 2 and work better...
  13. O

Selling My Whole 40 Gal Reef!!!!

All, I've decided to sell my entire 40 gallon long reef system. Although I have enjoyed it immensely, I can't continue to keep it up with my other hobbies and decided that it's best if I get rid of it. If anyone is interested, I am trying to sell everything all together. It is a 40...
  14. O

Help! Urgent! Lighting!

I have a Catalina Aquarium T5 fixture and am in the process of replacing the bulbs. I went to a local pet shop to buy replacement bulbs. My two actinic bulbs burned out. I have 2 actinic and 2 10K bulbs in the fixture. The shop only had 1 actinic and 1 10K, and I'm going back tomorrow after...
  15. O

Equipment for Sale (in near future)

I will have a Bak Pak 2 protein skimmer and a Catalina Aquariums T5 light fixture for sale in the next few months. If you are interested please let me know. There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of them. I am upgrading my tank to a larger tank so I need different equipment. These...
  16. O

Book Recommendation

Hi all, Just wanted to share a FANTASTIC book with everyone. I'm constantly looking at it for ideas. It shows profiles of many people's aquariums from all over the country, their lighting, equipment, etc etc., all in great detail. It's a wonderful reference. Enjoy! :dance...
  17. O

Compatible Fish for my new system! Opinions please!

Ok, in a few months I'll be upgrading from my 40g to a 90g! :jumprope: I'm terribly excited. It'll use the old 40g tank as the sump, so that will be half full...bringing the total volume of the system to about 110 gallons. I'll also have a refugium with chaeto. My question is this...I need...
  18. O

Can I re-used my LIGHTING for my tank upgrade???

I currently have a 40gal long and later this year I'm upgrading to either a 75 or 90 gallon to go in a newly finished basement where the wall will be cut out to display the tank :jumprope: My question is, can I reuse my lighting? I currently use a Catalina Aquariums T5 with 2 actinics and 2...
  19. O

Top Off System

Ok, I can't seem to top off my tank enough these days. Does anyone have an automatic top-off system? If so, who manufactures it and are you happy with it? I really want to get one and make my life easier!:whstlr:
  20. O

Kenya Tree

Ok, so I've heard these corals will spread quickly, but this is ridiculous. I just purchased one less than 3 weeks ago, and already there's a baby! Does that sound about right???:rolleyes: I'm not complaining though. I'd rather have everything thrive than to have the opposite problem!