Search results

1. nemo1180

Green colored water in my 10gal fish only tank!

How can I get green water in my 10gal fish only tank to clear? What causes green water? I tried little water changes and many different water clarifiers.But nothing worked.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. nemo1180

Is there any corals to add in my tank that my pencil urchin won't bother?

I was wondering if somone can tell me if there are any corals. I can put in my 20 gal saltwater tank with a pencil urchin? I had little purple tree coral frags before I got my urchin and a mushroom. The mushroom is doing fine it is not bothering it. But a few days after I added the urchin it ate...
  3. nemo1180

Can I treat My 30gal saltwater tank with Melafix with a coral bandes shrimp in it?

Hi,I have a coral banded shrimp and it is doing great. But I want to put some melafix in my tank for a fish that got a frayed fin from fighting. Will it hurt the shrimp? My tank is a 30gal with live rock and fake corals and anemoes and fake plants. Please let me know if anyone knows.
  4. nemo1180

What type of lighting do I need for a 30gal reef to keep anemone's and coral?

Hi,I have a 30 gal reef tank with just live rock and fish and a coral banded shrimp. My tank has been setup fot 6 months now and I want to try to keep some anemones and corals.What kind of lighting do you suggest? Right now I have the screw in type hood it holds two bulbs. I have coralife mini...
  5. nemo1180

My Condy died why?

Hi, I recently bought a CONDY ANEMONE for my 30 gal tank from mt LFS store a week and a half ago. It was doing fine for about a week and then it shrivled up to nothing I tried to feed it brine shrimp and anemone food from a bottle with a suringe. But it did not seem to livin up at all it turned...
  6. nemo1180

Having Trouble keeping turbo snails alive?

Hi, Every time I buy turbo snails they do fine and then about a week later they die. My tank is a 30 gal tank with a good bit of live rock. I have fish and a shrimp in it. I have a alge clip in there all the time with alge on it for the snails. Plus don't they eat off the bottom to the left over...
  7. nemo1180

I lost my humpback shrimp tonight what would cause a shrimp to die?

I lost my humpback shrimp today.:cry1: What would cause a shrimp to dye?I added salt directly to the water to get my salt level up would that do it? I did it before and it was fine. My ph was 8.3 and no nitrite no ammonia.My nitrate was 20 ppm would that do it? I also added melafix to my tank...
  8. nemo1180

I got a new Baby today!!

I got a new coralbeauty angel for my 30 gal reef. She is a beauty I will add a pic later of her.
  9. nemo1180

Does Water Temp Affect PH?

I have recently been checking my ph levels since it's been getting warmer since it is spring. My water temp was between 80-82 degrees in my 30 gal reef tank with fish and a few snails and a shrimp. My ph went from about 8.2 in the winter to about 8.4 in the spring. I set my temp since it is...
  10. nemo1180

Getting a bicolor angel tommorow for my 30 gal reef tank any suggestions on care!!

Hi, I am getting a bi-color angel tommorow from doc foster. For my 30 gal reef tank. What type of water conditions are best for this species to maintain good health? I am fairly new to marine reef keeping my tank has been up for 2months and has a few damsels in it and a marroon clown. Chemicals...
  11. nemo1180

What type of Anemone could I get for a 20gal reef tank!!

I just got done cycleing my 20 gal reef tank. And I would like to get a clownfish and a anemone what would be the easiest to care for that a clownfish would like? And what kind of lighting would I need for it? :fishy:
  12. nemo1180

My new 20gal reef tank has a fish with ich!

I have a newly setup 20gal reef tank. It has been setup for 3 weeks and one of my starter damsels has signs of ich. Should I use a cooper medication in the water while it is still cycleing? Or what could I try to get rid of the ich instead?
  13. nemo1180

Hi I have a 20gal reef tank!

Hi everyone, Just started a 20 gal reef tank about 3 weeks ago.:swmfish: