Can I treat My 30gal saltwater tank with Melafix with a coral bandes shrimp in it?

nemo1180

Hi,I have a coral banded shrimp and it is doing great. But I want to put some
melafix in my tank for a fish that got a frayed fin from fighting. Will it hurt the shrimp? My tank is a 30gal with live rock and fake corals and anemoes and fake plants. Please let me know if anyone knows.

DaveK

Re: Can I treat My 30gal saltwater tank with Melafix with a coral bandes shrimp in it

In my opinion, you should never ever medicate a FOWLR or reef system to treat a fish disease period. No matter what the medication says on the instructions, no matter what the LFS tells you, no matter what others say, never ever medicate in the main tank. Always remove the fish to a quarantine tank and treat there.

Yes, many medications are toxic to inverts.

nemo1180

Re: Can I treat My 30gal saltwater tank with Melafix with a coral bandes shrimp in it

Ya,thats what I thought. Ok thanks if his fin get worse I will put him in my qt tank and medicate him. It is just a nipped tail from another fish in my aquarium not a diease so I should be ok. I gave the fish some zoe vitimins in the brine shrimp I feed them today. So hopefully that speeds up the fin to regrow a litttle better.Thanks