Search results

1. Chimo192

Mantis?

Hi everyone, Could anyone tell me if this is the mantis haunting my tank. Doesn't seem to have a head, maybe my last dip killed it, well kind of it is still kind of moving
  2. Chimo192

any suggestions please

Hi everyone, Diane here, my husband is away on training to go back to the war in Afghan. I need some suggestions with a peskie critter. A few months ago we started hearing a clicking noise in our tank, fish started disappearing. We searched every rock but always came up empty. Well after my...
  3. Chimo192

Bloody crab

Today in our RSM130 it is crab hunting day. Got up this morning to notice a firefish missing. After looking for most of the day at its normal sleeping area, no sign of it. Later in the day removed some of the rock work searching for it, found it as a diner for a bloody crab. Have 3 crabs in...
  4. Chimo192

recommendations for a skimmer

Good day People. After reading and researching on a skimmer for our Rea Sea 130. what would you as Rea Sea owners recommend a Euroreef, or a Tunze 9002? pros and cons of each? Any help will be appreciated thank you for taking the time to help.
  5. Chimo192

considering getting a RSM 250

Good day, We are considering a larger set up. What are some of the fish and coral stocking options? For all the RSM 250 owners what do you currently have stocked ? Cheers.
  6. Chimo192

A question of SPS corals?

Good day fine people. Reading as the RSM 130 is a plug and play set up. A RSM 130 with all stock items, lighting filtration and such, can it be used for SPS corals. A frind of mine was saying that the lighting was not strong enough to support SPS corals. Is this a true statement? Plus...
  7. Chimo192

Additives

Good Day fine people. As they say no question is a dumb question. Who here if anyone uses additives in their RSM 130? Further more what additives do you use? I know Red Sea has additives , but then so does Kent and other companies. Just getting a feel for what we should be adding to...
  8. Chimo192

Recommendations?

Good day Find RSM owners. Anyone here reccomend a fish that will assist in reducing the algea in my tank? A RSM 130, so size does matter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ha At present there is a Green Chromis, a Seabae Clown, and a cardinal. Cheers
  9. Chimo192

a little advice

Good day, We set up our RSM 34 2 weeks ago. Added 37 Lbs of Indo rock, fully cured. Added a K2 power head. as of today 26 April 2009 here are the reading: Temp= 79 F PH= 8.4 NO2= 0.1 ( Nitrite) NO3= 0.0 (Nitrate) NH3= 0.0 ( Ammonia) Ca= 430 ( Calcium) Salanity=...
  10. Chimo192

Greetings from the Ottawa Valley, Canada

Greetings people, We are Dave and Diane. Live in the Ottawa Valley , Ontario, Canada. Own 2 Chocolate Labs, bailey, and Chimo, also a Great Dane Named Dexter. We have been raising Various Cichlids now for years and have decided to take the massive plunge into the world of salt. We will be...