Search results

1. S

Missing sand sifting starfish

I just go a sand sifting starfish for my 75 gal. tank with a DSB. He was moving all over the tank the 1st night, and when I got up the next morning he was not visible, and I have not seen him since. Should I be concerned, or do they spend a lot of time down in the sand bed? How long should I...
  2. S

Can new Lights make fish aggresive?

I just installed new T5 Lighting on my 75 gal. Tank. (6) 54W t5's - (3) actinic, (3) 10000k daylight. I have (4) green chromis, and (2) clowns, an orange spotted goby, and assorted crabs and snails. Since I installed the lighting, more than tripling my previous lights, the fish have...
  3. S

riceaquatic.com lights

Does anyone have experience with these lights. I am looking to get: 48'' 6X 54 T5 Retro Brand New w/ Bulbs Moon Aquarium for a 75 gallon with a canopy. I want to start getting easy corals. The price seems good, but that usually means something else is wrong.
  4. S

Building a new reef

Hi, I have recently gotten back into the hobby. I have a 75 Gallon drilled tank with about 60 lbs. of rock. The rook is from when I had the tank set up 8 years ago and was put in storage after kids came along. I set the tank up with about 4-5" of live sand and crushed coral. I currently...