Search results

1. reef keeper

RO/DI Units simple Question

I just bought my first RO/DI unit a AquaFX Barracuda unit and was wondering, Do I still have to add a water conditioner like Seachem's Prime or use the water as it is? Also did buy a decent unit?
  2. reef keeper

Tank Drilling

I would like to drill my tank. Does any body know and easy way to tell if the glass is tempered. Is it easy to tell the differance or not. pics would be a great help.
  3. reef keeper

My long drawn out process of my 135g build

I decided to start my own chronicle after following some of the builds that were posted on this forum. I finaly completed my light fixture. I will post some pictures just as soon as I figure out how. My light took about 1 year to build. It's main body is stainless steel and aluminum. Had the...
  4. reef keeper

I require Lighting parts

I'm finishing my light and I need to find some reflective aluminum or some hammertone. Can any one help me in the area?
  5. reef keeper

Require info about a refugium.

What is the purpose of a refuge. What does it do and what is the best way to build it. What do you stock it with, Do you put live rock or live sand or just a substrate of dolimite. Please help trying to build it correctly
  6. reef keeper

sump question

How big should a sump be for a 135g tank?:confused: I am in the building stages and made one out of an old 30gal. I have never had a sump before always hang on filtration. Am I going in the right direction? Please a little knoeledge will be helpful.:help1:
  7. reef keeper

bio balls

Need help are bio ball realy nessesary in a reef system? Can a really good protein skimmer do a better job? And with that which skimmer is better for you at a lo-cost. I'm thinking of buying a Deltec skimmer.:dunno:
  8. reef keeper

in building stages

Hello I am building a 135 gallon reef tank. still in the drawing stages. trying to do it right the first time ay doing alot of research is stead of trial by error. I build a refugium out of a 30 gallon tank I had laying around. Now I'm putting together a 30 gallon sump system. All I need to...