Search results

1. dacooley

it took almost 2 years, but the 75G reef is UP!!!

Hi All, Well, after a few months of financial roughness, selling off some stuff, buying up other stuff off craigslist, I now have the 75G reef up. Equipment changed during the last 3 months, so here is where I now stand! 75G aqueon tank and stand Home built canopy 4x65W PC (2 actinic, 2...
  2. dacooley

Via-Aqua 750 pro cannister filter

Looking to trade the Via-Aqua 750 for a return pump. Need something sized to my 75 gallon tank. Thanks
  3. dacooley

Need skimmer for 75 Gal tank

I have an ASM G3 skimmer with Sedra 5000 pump. I need a skimmer a little shorter, like around 18" tall... It's for a 75 gallon, so a G1 or similar would work. Willing to trade for the G3 and Pump, and also the Rainbow Lifegard FB 600 fluidized bed filter with 6 pounds of media. Thanks
  4. dacooley

WOO HOO... Back in it!

Ok, so I am back in the SW mode! for 50 bucks I picked up a nearly new 75G All-Glass aquarium and brand new stand. Perusing craigslist, I had a guy with "Misc. SW Filters" for 25 bucks... Went to his place. for 25 bucks I got: Brand new Rainbow lifegard FB600 fluidized bed filter (not...
  5. dacooley

Hi All, I'm back LOL

Well, after a year or so of being idle, and having to sell the 125Gallon all glass tank because I couldn't afford to build a reef tank, The wife finally got the bug. I picked up a 75 gallon all glass with stand for $50.00 The stand was brand new, the door handle was still in the plastic on the...
  6. dacooley

Starting new after 5 years...

Ok, 5+ years ago, I had 2 55gallon tanks set up and running. Both had the Marineland 350 magnum cannister filters and one Penguin HOB on each as well. One tank was meat eaters, the other was "cute fish" for the wife (Though I did put my clown knife in there and he ate all her Neon Tetra's LOL)...
  7. dacooley

My stand now looking like new!!

Well, after a single coat of urethane, my stand for the 90G tank is looking good! 2 more coats, then the inside coated with 3 layers of urethane, and it will be ready to move into the house. :tongue:
  8. dacooley

Lighting...

Ok, yesterday, for $15.00, I picked up a pair of Sunpaq retrofit drivers for dual 96W CFL's (Model 1562) with 4 reflectors, hardware and one Chinese made dual color bulb. one of the drivers works great from both ports. The other looks like a bad starter on an old fluorescent bulb on one port...
  9. dacooley

overflow plumbing

Here is a quick question... Just installed the Glass-holes Dart overflow box... has 2 2" outlets. trying to figure out the best way to plumb this to the sump. Should I keep the plumbing seperate and have both 2" pipes dump into the skimmer partition, or should I "Y" them together into a...
  10. dacooley

Glass-holes.com DART overflow installed

Decided I didn't want the HOB overflow/siphon that came with my 90, so I decided to drill my tank and get the Glass-holes.com Dart overflow... Don't know what manufacturer the tank is, but found a test on the net to tell if you have tempered glass or not... Take a laptop or any LCD display and...
  11. dacooley

skimmer

Found a skimmer on craigslist... ASM G1 with a sedra 2500 pump. Guy is selling it (and all the pieces) because he just went larger for his tank (Bought a G4 for a 240 Gal tank) Will this skimmer be sufficient for a reef, 90G + 20 G in the sump, or should I look for bigger? It's only 70 bucks...
  12. dacooley

my 40 gallon sump

Here is a diagram of my 40G sump... The Fuge is elevated and supported on standoffs from the bottom... Bottom of the fuge is Egg crate covered with FIberglass window screen... Does this look adequate for a 90G tank? Thanks
  13. dacooley

Pump Question

Ok, the new setup is a 90G glass tank with a 40G sump/fuge. the fill line on the sump is at about 18 gallons... The overflow is a single HOB box, 2" bulkhead with a single 1 1/4" PVC to the sump/fuge. I am going to add a skimmer and get rid of the big cloth bag... Rather than drill the Fuge...
  14. dacooley

Gluing glass...

This is probably a VERY stupid question, but what is the best for gluing glass in the Sump/Refugium Any Aquarium RTV or is there a specific type/brand that is better than others?
  15. dacooley

Finally settled on a tank!

I finally settled on a tank... 90 Gallon all glass with a 40 gallon glass overflow with refugium. I may go with the glassholes.com overflow, not sure, but have the HOB overflow unit plumbed with 2" to the sump/refugium. Came with a stand that is SOLID oak. Needs a little cleaning and a coat...
  16. dacooley

Tank recomendation

Ok, so the tank I was given for free turned out to be junk... Left it filled outside for 2 weeks just to see... The bulkhead fittings in the bottom, that were half glued in started leaking... SO, it's out the door, and I guess, with my tax return coming, I want to start with new equipment...
  17. dacooley

quick overflow question

I stumbled upon a web site a week or so ago that had internal retrofit overflow boxes, held to the rear or side of the tank via the buklhead fitting (Bulkhead went thru the tank wall and back wall of the overflow box)... now I can't find the site with all the google searching I can do... Anyone...
  18. dacooley

New 80G planned as a reef...

Ok, so I got for free an 80G Acrylic tank and stand, with a 40G sump. No plumbing, and the tank has 2 bulkheads on the bottom... SO, I'd like to get some plumbing ideas on how to set this up, maybe suggestions on equipment types etc... Thanks in Advance, Dave
  19. dacooley

Hello from Orange County, CA

Hey All, Name is Dave. New to saltwater, but not to aquaria. I have had freshwater most of my life, with all kinds of weird ones (mostly meat eaters LOL). Anyway, now that I have settled back down in California, I have been blessed with a FREE 36x18x18 50 gallon all glass tank. Rather than...