Search results

1. mikej11

MJ Mods

Hey, I found this website and was looking to get 2 of these stream mods. Anyone have these? What do you think of them? It looks I can get the same out of MJ 1200s than the T Stream. MJmods.com, Mod your Maxi jet into a high flow pump Any suggestions welcome. Thanks, Mike J
  2. mikej11

90gl vs 120gl

I trying to get some input from those that have either a 90 or 120. I am helping my neighbor setup his 120 at the moment. I am looking at either the 90 or 120. I want to keep the front at 4ft and looking to see how you guys/gals feel about the lack of or the addition of 6 inches in depth...
  3. mikej11

Equipment for a 120

Aloha, I am setting up a 120 for my neighbor and I will be almost modeling his tank for mine. We got Pacific Coast Imports wet/dry and skimmer. Wet/Dry - TF400 (Aquarium lighting, aquarium filters, protein skimmers, aquarium pumps, aquarium products) Skimmer - PS2000 (Aquarium...
  4. mikej11

Kona - July 4th 2006

Here are some of my favorite pics from the diving. Hawaiian Lion Fish School of Raccoon Butterfly Yellow Frog Fish School of Yellow Tangs
  5. mikej11

Manta Ray - Kona, HI

This is just a couple of pics from my dive trip to the Big Island. Enjoy.
  6. mikej11

Aloha - Reefer Back

Hey guys and gals, Almost 2 yrs ago my wife and I moved to Kauai, HI. I work as an scuba dive operator for a small dive company. I had a 55gl reef tank, back in TX, before moving here. I am in the process of starting up a 120gl reef tank. Is there any Hawaii reefers on the boards? I...
  7. mikej11

55gl Tank in DFW area for Sale

Hey, For those in the DFW area, I am selling my tank setup. Everything must go. The wife and I are looking to move to Kauai (Hawaii). I am looking for $300, but will take a reasonable offer. Please send me a PM. Equipment: Look at my signature for details. Thanks, Mike J.
  8. mikej11

Regal Tang - Cave Dweller??

Hey everyone, I was looking to see if others that have Regal Tangs have experience with them loving to live in your rocks. I just got one and it seems that she loves to live in the rocks. She has a special cave that she calls home at night and during the day. I was looking to see if...
  9. mikej11

MikeJ's 55gl

Hey everyone, Would like to share my 55gl (re-setup) with everyone. I had to take it down last August, but now it is back up. I left about an inch of sand on the bottom and added 20lb bag of live sand. I had my live rock kept in a sealed tub so that they would stay moist. I have it up and...
  10. mikej11

Help with Bubble Alge

I am in need of some help with a bubble alge problem. It is not a big problem, but I do want to try and get rid of this nasty stuff. I know some stuff about it. If you pop the bubble it releases the spores into the water column. I know emeral crabs will eat the stuff. It is starting to grow...
  11. mikej11

Clam Care

I just got my first clam and it has done really nice. Its' shell has grown about 1/4 of an inch in about a month. I have just a couple of clam questions. What are you feeding your clams? How do you feed your clam? How do you have your clams postioned in your tank? Do some clams like...
  12. mikej11

How much Actinic is to much??

In my current light setup, I was think of switching out the back actinic (VHO) to a Aquasun 10K (VHO). I am looking to stimulate more color from my corals. I can not switch my MHs due to the fact that I have MV ballasts. Anyone have any expericence running a number of different color temps on...
  13. mikej11

New Frags from Coral Dynamics

I got these today. They should take to the tank in a couple of days. I hopr to have the VHO Actinics setup by the end of the week. Pictures: Brown with Purple Rim Montipora Capricornus Green Povona Seriatoproa Hystrix Green-Purpule A. Horrida Blue Tip Staghorn Brown-Green Montipora...
  14. mikej11

What additives do you use in your reef??

I am looking to see what additives fellow reefers use to keep their reefs growing and looking nice. I will have a Kalk setup for top-off water at night. I will be feeding "Marine Snow" at night. I feed fish one piece of dried seaweed -> Asian market brand I also feed the fish frozen brine...
  15. mikej11

Kalk Drip Setup??

I will be getting Kent AquaDose system (2.5gl) soon and am looking for some info about how people mix their kalk. I have Mrs. Wages and Ball pickleing lime and Kent's Kalk. How do you mix your kalk? Does anyone use Distilled White Vinegar? Thanks, Michael J