Search results

1. S

Take a look at this BSJF!

I can't see any color differences between my males and females, unless they are spawning.
  2. S

New BSJF Owner - Getting it to "Move"?

1. Do these fish move to a different burrow on their own much / at all? Some do some don't. Most will find a spot they like and stay put for a while 2. How can I coax Spot into moving to a different area as a home? I thought about putting some larger rocks in to block Spot's entrance - but he...
  3. S

How to best introduce a second BSJF

I can't see any difference in color in my pairs unless they are spawning. I have found that, male/male fight, male/female sometimes fight, female/female sometimes fight, one established and one newly introduced will fight. So just because they fight doesn't mean its a male/male combination. I...
  4. S

The Bluespot Club

Sorry to hear about the loss Lorraine. Hope everything else is going great for you.
  5. S

Bluespots spawning

No good news on update, eggs didn't hatch. No more spawnings. I'm interested in knowing temp. at time of spawning and temp. 6 to 8 weeks before spawning. What and how often feed before spawning. Anyone have any of this info it would be great!
  6. S

Bluespots spawning

Yes, a little hope. Chances of them getting through to meta. is slim to none on my first attempt. Still no fungus and they look like they are developing. I need to buy a microscope so I can know for sure.
  7. S

Cough.. Cough..... Breeding Stock...... Cough... Cough

It's not just this hobby. I have snakes, birds, and at one time skinny pigs (hairless guinea pigs). New color morphs almost always bring in top dollar! I went to a reptile show and a vendor had a pair of snakes (a new color morph) for one million bucks (he didn't want to sell them but for the...
  8. S

Bluespots spawning

Yes, he just swam out of his hole, spit them out and left them. I have the eggs in a tumbler right now. So far so good.
  9. S

Bluespots spawning

He spit the eggs again on day two.
  10. S

Bluespots spawning

Yes, They are eggs! There must be hundreds of eggs. When I size pics down It blurs then, I must be doing something wrong.
  11. S

Bluespots spawning

12. S

Bluespots spawning

Bluespot's spawned again tonight. Male with eggs. [img]http://www.reefsanctuary.com/photopost/data/502/medium/100_0360.JPG[/img
  13. Bluespot

Bluespot

Bluespot with eggs
  14. Bluespot

Bluespot

Bluespot with eggs
  15. S

Bluespots spawning

Well then, darkish patches on their face has nothing to do with being a male. The way the economy is I don't work a lot of hours right now. So I have a lot of time to set and watch them.
  16. S

Bluespots spawning

The male is flashing but the female is not interested yet. I have what I think is another pair, (in another system) and that male is flashing also. I have noticed that both males have darkish spots under there eyes and on their chin. Lorraine did you notice this with Mr. BJ? Anyone else have a...
  17. S

Bluespots spawning

Well my female looks like she is ready to go again, she has widened her den at least double the diameter today. The male is NOT getting with program he still hasn't flashed once since the last time they spawned. I will take pics this next time instead of video.
  18. S

Video and Pics Bluespot Breeding Behavior

Congrats Lorraine!
  19. S

Bluespots spawning

Thanks Lynn, now I can post pics. Lorraine, my male is still not flashing, only the one night. The female is starting to look plump again though.
  20. S

Bluespots spawning