Search results

1. kouma

HELP PLEASE..something is eating away my fish

Hello, Recently my tank's temperature rose to 84 from 80 regular and after that some of my fish establish ick, however the size of the white spots was tiny and evenly covered my fishes. I thought since my fish is very healthy and my tank is established with good parameters I should wait it...
  2. kouma

The most beautiful fish while snorkling

Hello, Yesterday I saw the most beautiful saltwater angel/butterfly while snorkeling on the reefs of Khasab rocky area in Oman. My heart literally skipped a beat. I would appreciate it if someone can ID this fish from my humble description. 1- I looks like it is either an angel or a...
  3. kouma

Acrylic Help

Hello, I have four pieces of 30cm x 70cm acrylic that I would like to glue together and drill with holes. I have two questions, can I use silicon to glue that pieces together? second, what is the best way to make holes without risking splitting or breaking the acrylic. Thanks!
  4. kouma

Mixing Angels Technique?

Hello, There is a technique that my LFS suggested in trying to mix two angels of the same size, currently I am trying to mix a koran with an emperor of the same size in a 200 gal. He said to get an acrylic cylinder with 30 cm diameter and the height of my tank and place the cylinder with the...
  5. kouma

Feeding Clams

Hello today I purchased half a kilo of clams (23 clams) to attempt and feed my angels with it. I have read two ways to prepare this, one to freeze them in the freezer to kill bacteria and then take one, thaw it out, open and serve it. The other way is to open a fresh clam, clean the inside from...
  6. kouma

White stringy poop

Hello, I recently purchased a 6" emperor angel that is still in QT. After a few days in QT, I noticed it develop ICK and now it is undergoing hyposalinity. However, today I noticed it pooping stringy white stuff. Is this internal bacteria? should I be worried? what can I do to fix? thx
  7. kouma

Marine Velvet - HELP :(

Hi, Just now I noticed my new blue-ring angel has velvet. I inspected it carefully before several times but nothing was there, however tonight today under actinic lights I saw ting white dots perfectly scattered along its back and head. I do not have Cupperamine, they don't sell it here (or...
  8. kouma

Carbon question?

How long do I have to wash the carbon before placing it into my tank system. I have been cleaning this carbon I bought for over 10 mins by rinsing it with water, but the black colors don't seem to end. Is this normal?
  9. kouma

Clams ID

Can someone please ID these..Thanks!
  10. kouma

New 10" Pomacanthus Annularis (Blue Ringed Angel) + 200Gal shootout

Here are pics of the beauty i picked up yesterday and my 200gal tank.
  11. kouma

Can I give a lion fish a FW dip?

Hello, I received an unwanted lion fish from my friend which he had for over two months. It eats forzen food and looks great. Since he had it this long and his tank looks fine, I thought I could just put it in my DT after giving it a FW dip because my QT is not ready. Can lion fish take a...
  12. kouma

Sump Help

Hi, I am in the process of setting up my 200gal tank with 70 gal sump. The sump has 6 partitions which I am not sure what to do about. I have the last partition (the biggest one) used to house the overflow and skimmer. What shall I do with the rest? Thanks!
  13. kouma

New 200Gal tank!!

Hello, I just bought a new 200Gal tank + 70gal sump :) almost died twice yesterday trying to get it through the stairs with 4 other guys to my first floor apartment. The crazy things we do for fish :) Its dimensions are 180cm x 60cm x 70cm. The tank is beautiful and I am migrating all my...
  14. kouma

Help my blue tang hippo

Hi, Please help my 6-7" blue tang hippo. This started over a week ago. The fish doesn't move, eat, or anything I even picked it up with my hands and it didn't resist. My water parameters are perfect, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate. He is in a 90gal tank with a 5" yellow tang and a 6"...
  15. kouma

240 Gal tank DIY documentation?

Hello, I am thinking of whether to built my own 240 gal tank or buy one already made. Can someone provide me with the best DIY documentation for such a project that includes sump, stand, hood, etc. Thanks. Btw, I found a complete new 240gal at a LFS with basic lighting, protein skimmer...