Search results

1. onix

mantis shrimp, pistol shrimp and Bristle worn prblem

Well I have a big problem with this aquarium pest. About 3 months ago I buy extra live rock "cured". It look very clean, odorless and make the mistake putting in my aquarium. How I can kill all of this pest. A local fish store tell me, in order to keep the beneficial bacteria in the rock...
  2. onix

RO/DI Waste Water

I don't know if your system is like mine but if you check, that water passes through the first three filters, so it is much cleaner water than you had before. What I did was to connect the wastewater output to the water input using a ( T ). I have good result but you need good pressure and...
  3. onix

need 75g tank

Hi everyone, some body know where to buy a 75g tank with internal overflow. The problem is that I am from Puerto Rico, so maybe the shipping charge killme
  4. onix

RO waste question

I have my unit near the washing machine, so the waste from my RO go direct to my washing machine
  5. onix

A question for electric expert

umm ok thanks for yours opinions
  6. onix

A question for electric expert

Hi I just thinking how many watts x h use a regular 55g reef tank including a 1/10 chiller. The question is to see the probability to make a solar system only to my tank.
  7. onix

help with lights

Hi everyone, I need to make a DIY light project for my 55g tank. I am thinking in 4 x 54w t5 lights. What type of ballast I need?, a good one please and where I can find 4 reflector and the bulbs connector? I can put the ballast outside the canopy? I have to do this projects because I...
  8. onix

I need some suggestions

Ok let me disscus two cases. 1. My aquarium(55g)-- A FOWLR one. I have a AQUA C Removery with mag 5, a 30g sump with ceramic rigns, filter socks, about 50 lb and 1" of sands in both display tank and sump. Also I have Chaeto algae with 100w fluorescence light rate at 6500K. I change the...
  9. onix

Mangrove in Refugium?

Hi, I have 3 mangrove in my refugium but are too big, I can Prune it?
  10. onix

nemo going to refugium and death

I tell my wife don't see finding nemo in front my aquarium
  11. onix

remora pro question

Hi my friend I have the same skimmer and same pump and I don't have this problems. Are you using some produce to eliminate the chlorine. In the past with a sea-clone skimmer I had your problems and was the stress coat. And in this skimmer I think that is not possible to reduce the air flow. If...
  12. onix

siphon or not the sand

Hi, my tank is set up about 1 years and have in the main tank a DSB of 4" approximately. I never siphon the sand, just stir and vacuum all the debris I can. My nitrates always are in 20 ppm. In past days a paid for a clean service $70 to my tank, just to see how they do. The only think that...
  13. onix

odyssey skimmer ps160 setup?

hi everyone, I need some instruction on how setup my skimmer. I don't know how to conect the "U tube" to the pump. I want tu use it in hang on mode Thanks Cesar
  14. onix

I need cheato algae

Hi, some body can sell me some cheato. I am from Puerto Rico and here I don't find it. Please check the shipping to Puerto Rico and lets me know Thanks, Cesar
  15. onix

light help

I suggest to him this one but he tell me that is out of budget ODYSSEA 72" 384W Aquarium Power compact light+6 Lunar - (eBay item 300161893902 end time Oct-22-07 21:55:32 PDT)
  16. onix

light help

Well at first he was thinking to have coral but I tell him that coral need more lights, so maybe he now only want a fish only system with live rock. This system can be a good idea for him because can have a lot of exotic species
  17. onix

light help

Hi everyone. A friend have a 6' (125g) tank and need a light system. He dont have a lot of $$$$ so he ask me if my light system is good for him. My system is a 4' 260w PC (2 daylights and 2 actinic). I tell him that he can use this system but he can not have any coral or annemones. I was...
  18. onix

Dissolve organics on surface for those with refugium

HI. I HAVE ONE OF THIS BOX AND REALLY DONT LIKE. IF YOU WANT I CAN SELL TO YOU. I HAVE THE BIG ONE BOX THANKS CESAR
  19. onix

Any suggestion for my refigium

I think that flow isn't the problem. At first the caulerpa going well but then they become decaing, turn white and die. With cheato, the problem is that heir algae is covering it I will try to clean the better possible the refugium and change the bulb at first
  20. onix

Any suggestion for my refigium

Hi, my refugium has been running about 9 months with any good algae growth. I try caulerpa and die, try cheato and die. The only algae in the refugium is green hair algae. The only thing that I know that i have to do is change the bulb. Actually I am using an ooold 50/50 fluorescent light...