Search results

1. silverflamez88

25g Gallon Cube for Sale

Hey all Ive had a tread for this setup for quite some time never got around to actually having the time to finish it figured Id see if any one was interested on taking it off my hands. Everything is included plumbing (never glued so you could reconfigure if you like) custom stand and sump (also...
  2. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

After stain and poly.
  3. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

This may go down in history as the slowest build ever. But right when I was gaining momentum with the tank I relocated to a different state for a new job. Anyway now that I've been settled for a few months I have begun to tinker with it again. Latest updates: Framed out the section of wood I had...
  4. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Possible plumbing layout, overkill?
  5. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Plumbing supplies arrived today.
  6. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Almost 8 months later this happens,,, what can i say I've been busy lol.
  7. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Yeah i kinda got ballsy and jumped right into the big stuff it was my first time working with acrylic. I'm the kind of person who watches a few youtube vids and thinks oh i can do that lol. :dummy:
  8. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Ok so quick update on the finishing up of the stand. i decided to close off the back after discovering i hadn't accounted on the length of the opening in the back to fit the sump. Also this should help to cut down on the amount of noise and light leaking out of the stand. Unfortunately i had to...
  9. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Holding water leak free for days now i guess i did a better job then i thought :P
  10. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

So the saga of the sump - First i had the 3/8 acrylic pieces cut at a plastics fabricator downtown. I figured they could at least start cutting them and if after i tried gluing some acrylic scraps i felt like i didn't want to do the actual fabrication i could pay them to finish it. Well after...
  11. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Today i woke up and it looked like this - Not surprising i was told i didnt need to come into work so i decided to get some work done while staying in outa the cold first i caulked Then i painted it with three coats First Coat - Third Coat - Tada! And now hours later it looks...
  12. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Picked up some sealant to do the inside of the stand with not sure if its what i really want to go with. Originally i wanted it white on the inside or gray but this will obviously be natural wood with gloss. maybe if i paint it white before i stain it hahaha, i dunno any thoughts?
  13. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Alright these are hopefully the final drafts for the sump. Happy Monday ;p.
  14. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Thanks Gasturbineguy, yeah I've seen his stuff very nice and worth the price and possibly even the 4-5 month wait time. Although I used to love doing my own sumps out of glass never tried acrylic so i figured what the heck might as well get my feet wet. And if all else fails miserably ill pay...
  15. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

So the tank has been sitting untouched for close to a year now, many life obstacles to overcome lol. Anyway its bugging me so I'm going to finish it, first off the sump. I haven't had any luck with having someone make one so i figured what the hell ill do it myself. I'm having a local plastics...
  16. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

Thanks John! On an unrelated note anyone know someone who does some small acrylic work on the side that wants to make some extra cash by making me a sump? Buller, Bueller, Bueller. :P
  17. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

thanks shes always one to pose for a camera lol diva dog
  18. silverflamez88

Matts 25 Gallon Cube

So I've been a member here for quite sometime but tend to do a lot of lurking and not a heck of a lot of posting lol. Any who i recently started a new tank after having a small 5 gallon pico that was just driving me crazy. I live in Manhattan so obtaining aquariums that are the size u want and...
  19. silverflamez88

My 5 gal NANO! :)

New pics added a Boost Led par 30 60degree, loving the way it makes the coral colors pop, the greens are actually green now and not beige hahaha. Sry about my horrible camera skills :p
  20. silverflamez88

My 5 gal NANO! :)

lol its cool eric, only reason i changed the bulb was due to the fact that its offset to one side and doesn't cover the tank fully :( hopefully the leds will look nice hahah if nothing else