Search results

1. islandcreation

Julian Sprung's Tank

Thank you for sharing. Its always nice to see some of the guru's tanks! I like the acrylic under the tank never seen that before :)
  2. islandcreation

Jebao wp40 review

Just pre-ordered both the WP40 and WP25. Cheapest so far was from fragarack or on ebay.
  3. islandcreation

I need your opinion on whats going on with my tunze nano wavebox

Here's the situation. I bought this tunze nano wavebox used. I setup and it clicks everytime, meaning its making a click sound like the impellars turns on and off. Is this common or should I ask for my money back. He stated he heard the click and called tunze and that its common and that it...
  4. islandcreation

Acan colonies and other corals for sale

All colonies have been sold. Thanks
  5. islandcreation

Acan colonies and other corals for sale

Just had a daughter and making room in the display. Willing to ship at buyers expense, this is pretty cheap for a colony of acans and other frags pictured. Please click on each item to see pictures. If you have any questions please contact me. Thanks Here's the link: Modernreefkeeper Swap
  6. islandcreation

VHO ballast support T5 HO

I have a VHO ballast with 4 wires coming out which support two 110 vho bulbs. I want to switch to using only two 54 watt T5's. Since each wire set can handle 110 watt VHO, can a set handle two 54 wat T5's? It seems as if it should be okay? I've neever done this before, do you just connect the...
  7. islandcreation

yet another lighting question

I'd go with either one. I prefer the solar flare fixture.
  8. islandcreation

Had to try it . Vertex Skimmer

I heard these were built with a thicker acrylic compared to other skimmers? Can anyone vouch for this? I always going with an Ocotpus extreme now this skimmer caught my attention. Can anyone chime in about comparing both skimmers?
  9. islandcreation

Which MH 250w Bulbs...

If you still have your ballast and it can fire up a PFO/HQI bulb get SE radium 20k bulbs. You stated you want a crisp white bulb and thats what Radiums deliver. In my opinion its one of the best all around bulbs.
  10. islandcreation

My reef started a fire

How did your tank dump saltwater onto the male end? Usually there should be a loop unless water literally poured on the male connection? Just trying to understand what happened so I can correct anything on my tank. Thanks Oh glad you caught it too!
  11. islandcreation

Could this have been the problem for my breaker trip?

I noticed I had a huge dilemma for my tank room which stores my sump, frag tank, refugium. My 15 amp breaker kept tripping last night? I even stayed awake till 4am trying to figure it out, and even slept near the tank to hear if the water from the over flow stopped. You invest this much I...
  12. islandcreation

Need your input Large tank owners with seperate sumps.

Thats a little pricey for just maybe a once a year outage that last longest for 3-6 hours if even that. Longest I've seen in northern CA was 5 hours, unless someone take out a electrical post. Thanks for the info
  13. islandcreation

How did you hook up your generator to turn on when a power outage occurs or a breaker is tripped up? I always thought it was manuelly done with a generator?
  14. islandcreation

I'm in northern CA and room temp without the heater is 64 degree's. I have a 50% sps tank and can't risk it. I skimp in in using my heater unless we have to, inorder to compensate on my electrcity bill due to the halides running. I just want a better setup if possible if something did happen. Thanks
  15. islandcreation

I was trying to figure this out and what others are doing. I have my display tank in my living room with the sump refugium in the garage. Like with everyones setup I have everything in the sump heaters, probes, skimmer, top off etc.... My breaker went off in the garage for no apparent reason...
  16. islandcreation

Mature Tank !!

1 year. The only reason why I say that is based on corals (which is generally a good indicator). Around my one year mark my sps were having great polyp extension and growth. Nothing changed as far as lighting or water parameters. Just time...
  17. islandcreation

problem with my zooanthids.

Sometimes they just want to be closed. I had a colony stay closed for a week for no apparent reason. Then one day they all opened up. So when that happens I look around at my other colonies make sure their okay and shrug it off.
  18. islandcreation

Zoa/paly frag pack or seperate cheap

All PM's repied to.Thanks
  19. islandcreation

Zoa/paly frag pack or seperate cheap

Just got the bill a month after I installed my frag tank. With the lights on and a new pump added it shot me to the next tier for electricity. I didn't know there were tiers! Anyways, I need to justify with my lady that this frag tank is worth it. So here some palys/zoas Shipping is $30.00 if...