Search results

1. Reefreak

Kent Turbo Calcium

So I ordered this stuff because I heard good things about its ability to rapidly increase calcium levels. Except, "hey" there are NO directions other than the amout to add to top off water. My system is on auto RODI topoff. My question is has anyone figured out the aproxamate amount of this...
  2. Reefreak

Compatibility ?

Hi Everyone, Over the last five years my school of Chromis has dwindled to one. I want to add another school or group of "colorful" small fish to my 140 reef. I'm thinking of yellow tail blue damsels "Chrysiptera parasema". I know that most Damsels are absolute terrors but have heard good things...
  3. Reefreak

Threads disappear

So is it just me or do threads sometimes disappear? I have been following several and sometimes one will just disappear. Whats up with that?
  4. Reefreak

Hypo Resistant Crypt

Hi All, I purchased a Naso Tang over 3 months ago and have had him at a salinity of 12ppt for Ich all this time in a cycled bare bottom quarantine tank with a sponge filter and some hiding places. Tank readings are: Temp 78 Ammonia-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate-trace <5 PH 8.2-8.3 using Seachem Reef...
  5. Reefreak

Calcium issue

Hello everyone! I could use a little help here. I am having a problem getting my calcium to increase over 340. Tank is about 1.5 years old and cal. levels have been dropping over time "more Coraline I think". I have always used Warner Marine 2 part Cal. Alk. supplements. I understand from WM...
  6. Reefreak

New skimmer question

I ordered a G3 skimmer from our sponsors at ASM skimmers and according to my tracking numbers it will be delivered today, :whstlr: yippee! "Today Santa is driving a FedEx truck" My question is do I need to run it in hot water for a while before it goes into my sump? I have read that it helps...
  7. Reefreak

Kalk mixing question

After a great deal of reserch I have decided to start dripping Kalk in my 100 Gal reef. I purchased a Kent Aqua Dose " has an IV type drip system on a 5 Gal container. I mixed up some kalk water in another glass container and planed on siphoning off the "clear" liquid into the Aqua Dose. For the...