Search results

1. corvettephreek

OT: a few pix to warm your heart

here are a few pictures, the first one is so powerful IMO it had to be shared. enjoy!
  2. corvettephreek

OT: hate your job?

a friend emailed this to me, and i had to share since it had somewhat of a resemblance... :D "I LOVE MY JOB " This is even funnier when you realize it's real! The next time you have a bad day at work .. think of this guy. Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in...
  3. corvettephreek

spotted grouper for sale sacto, CA

gorgeous spotted grouper for sale in sacramento, California. it is my friend, but since he got it it has eaten EVERYTHING else in the tank. it is approx. 11" long, light blue with blue/white spots everywhere. very healthy, very spunky. he is asking for 40$. pm me if you are interested, and no...
  4. corvettephreek

OT: FW tank help.... :D

I have a feeling this is the best place for the topic, I have a 55 USG bow AGA aquarium that I set up as a replacement "guppy farm" in my room. well, I had a 20G filter on it for a couple weeks with a half dozen baby guppies in it for fun, then I put a 70G whisper filter on it, as well as a...
  5. corvettephreek

well, its cute- but what is it?

here is something that has been growing over a few months and is only about an eighth of an inch around. reminds me of a feather duster but with really pretty red "gills?" there are tons of these little suckers around my tasnks and on the snail's shells. hitchhiker, yes- but definitely worth...
  6. corvettephreek

Will's New (old?) 20L

What started out as my 26 Gallon Jebo ended up to be a 20L after a bad incident made the switch inevitable last saturday Afternoon. I was moving from one apartment to another, and with my TV, desk, and cat I had 3 tanks to move. easy? no..... I moved one tank, and only had 2 left. a 20L "guppy...
  7. corvettephreek

My plate coral is not happy with snails

ok I dont know what to do, so I seek your help ONCE AGAIN!!!! My snails (about one inch long) are all over the glass, etc. however.... something funny happens, which makes me laugh, then think... then scream as I am rushing to pick up after the accident. heres my story. A couple weeks ago...
  8. corvettephreek

filter box ethics?

ok, my jebo 26 gal has a built in filter box with ceramic media and resin pads. now what I am concerned about is usually I see filters with the water flow directed to the filter pads first, then the ceramic (boilogical media) . I enclosed a picture of how it is now. Tonight I switched the resin...
  9. corvettephreek

hey guys this weekend I found a shark

she was a nurse shark, and It was soo pretty. she came up to me when i talked to her, and in her tank was a remora which wasnt much smaller than her. now I am not sure if this post belongs in this area, but I wanted to bring it to everyones attention, since the shark has outgrown the tank she is...
  10. corvettephreek

do corals "hide"

ok, I have a finger leather coral (or so I am told) and It has been fine for about 3 weeks so far. it was doing great, and i moved him away from the powerhead so it wouldnt hurt or anything last week (wednesday). now it is all fat puffy and looks like it is hiding.... this kinda worries me. is...
  11. corvettephreek

ok a question for GLASS aquarium builders

I was thinking of making a 80 Gal tank for my mini reef later on, and i was curious as to the placement of the overflows. when I have the bottom plate cut, I was thinking of having the back corners cut at 45 deg. angles 3" by 3" triangular, with an extra peice cut to follow the corners up to the...
  12. corvettephreek

reef-safe trigger? oxymoron?

I loved the post on tangs in the reef, and I am using that info this weekend to search for a yellow kole. however, the question I have is: Has anyone successfully kept a trigger in their reef without disappearing shrimp, anemones, soft corals, etc.?a freind of mine kept a picasso trigger in a 40...
  13. corvettephreek

newbie here!!!

hey everyone, I am just starting myself, and i already have had a few headaches, trials, and am trying to avoid errors in my quest for fun. tank info: 26 Gal. w/built in w/d filter, extra powerhead(15gph) 25 lbs LR, 15 Lbs. Live sand, (2) 50/50 10K/Blue actinic bulbs. has been setup for almost 2...