Search results

1. zoolatry

Power Outages/Battery Backups

One thing that really troubles me is the prospect of a power outage and the effects it could have on my aquarium. I've put buckets of time, energy, and money into it, and I don't want to lose it! Where I live, the summers are moderate but the winters can be relatively fierce and cold. Each...
  2. zoolatry

46G of Zoolatry

zo·ol·a·try –noun the worship of or excessive attention to animals. [Origin: 1810–20; zoo- + -latry] Be warned, I intend to go on at some length about myself and my motivations before getting to the nitty gritty of my system, so feel free to skip past my blabbing if it bores you. I am a...
  3. zoolatry

SPS? ID/Suggestions

Okay, so my live rock came encrusted with some coral skeletons which I assumed were quite dead. But, upon closer examination, I looked at this one: Sorry, I don't have a lens for my camera that is good for this sort of photography; most of the money's been tied up in the tank lately, lol...
  4. zoolatry

SPS? ID/Suggestions

Sorry I posted to the wrong part of the forum!!
  5. zoolatry

Hitchhikers so far...

Some of the hitchhikers on my live rock: Some sort of LPS - Any suggestions on how to keep it alive? An SPS - I thought it was dead until I looked closely, and I can see what look like tiny, tiny polyps all over it. Some kind of stalk thing right in the middle of the picture. Any clue...
  6. zoolatry

New - From Western MD

Hello! I happened by this site while I was researching for my new tank and have found it very helpful and informative. I used to have 3 freshwater aquariums, and have decided now to give saltwater a try. My tank so far: 46 gal bowfront AquaC Remora Skimmer w/ MaxiJet 1200 2 AquaClear...