Search results

1. J

Fancy ocellaris clownfish and new mate?

The naming is no different then labeling a clown fish as picasso or snowflake or misbar. These are not different types/species of clownfish they simply have different markings. I have a pair of "black lace" clowns that simply have a much stronger black outline on the fins then a normal looking...
  2. J

Please tell me I didn't make a mistake..

Just asking in case something is out of whack. That way if you decide to try an anemone in the future you may have better luck. And then again, your tank may have perfect conditions and it was doomed before you purchased it.:thumbup:
  3. J

WTB: Tried and True breeding clowns

Feed them as much as they will eat. Basically keep putting food in until their bellies are huge and they stop eating.
  4. J

Please tell me I didn't make a mistake..

For starters, how long has the tank been setup, what are the water parameters, what type of lighting is on the tank, what other fish are in the tank?
  5. J

Head Loss Calculator

Below is what I am being told. I have been using closed loops for over 10 years and this is the first I have ever heard of this "theory." "The vertical distance has no impact in a closed loop. The weight of the water pusing down into the pump on the suction side offsets the weight against...
  6. J

Head Loss Calculator

I am being told that Head Loss on a closed loop has nothing to do with distance and pipe diamter. Only with friction and number of elbows?? This does not seem correct to me. The weight of the water still needs to be pushed to the tank. Am I missing something??
  7. J

Head Loss Calculator

Does this work the same for a closed loop.
  8. J

Black Tip Reef Shark!

Unless you have the means to build a tank that is at least 2500g with rounded corners(basically a large oval), I would not attempt to keep a free swimming shark. Seems like alot of space just to set up a cramped shark display even at 2500g. It might seem a OK if it is a 2' pup but not for a full...
  9. J

How Big Can A Scoly Get?

I have scoly's that I purchased around 5-6" diamtere that are now almost 10" in diameter.
  10. J

new pair of Banggai's for breeding

Bangaii produce so few offspring compared to other commercial fish breeding operations. Compare a clownfish that can produce several hundred babies every 3 weeks to a pair of bangaii that only produce on average 25 babies every 6-8 weeks. I have been breeding bangaii for over 3 years and...
  11. J

Reefcleaner.org

Re: BEWARE of Reefcleaner.org!!!!!! I have had nothing but great experiences with reefcleaners.com.
  12. J

Would You Buy A Custom Tank Stand?

Buying a custom stand is the way to go. You get exactly what you want and it usually cost the same or less then the prefab stands. Only issue I would see for your friend is anything that would need to be shipped would pop the price up to not worth it. Plus there is almost always someone local...
  13. J

1 Frag 5 Polyps Of My PPE'S Purple People Eaters

Do you have a picture under normal lighting not just under actinics??
  14. J

Might just be a dream

I have an engineer goby in my 120g reef as well. I love him. He keeps the substrate pure white. He is in and out of the rock work all day. I set up my tank so the rock work is sitting on the bottom of the tank and the crushed coral gravel was filled in around the rock so I would not need to...
  15. J

Breeding Bangaii Cardinals Group of 7 For Sale

Breeding Bangaii Cardinals Group of 7 For Sale -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a group of 2 females/5 males that have been breeding together for the past 6 months. The 2 females and 3 of the males are approx 13 months old. The other...
  16. J

Clownfish eggs not hatching-what am I doing wrong?

I have been breeding bangaii cardinals for the past few years and thought I'd give it a shot at clownfish. I currently have 4 pairs. One pair has started laying eggs. Eggs look great up to day eight and then nothing. They start turning white and that's all she wrote. On day eight I have been...
  17. J

Isopod on fish

The one I found on my trigger I just pulled of with a pair of tweezers. It took some pulled, they latch on very well. On a fish that small I'm not sure if you could pull it off without hurting the fish. Possibly a freshwater dip?
  18. J

Isopod on fish

Those are mean little suckers. I've seen threads pop up on several forums recently. Must be a dirty batch of liverock source that popped up somewhere. I had these guys hitchhike on some liverock about 6 or 7 years ago. They completely desimated every fish(2 lions, picasso trigger, queen angel...
  19. J

sweet pair of clowns

I have had 5 different naked clowns. Everyone of them have been more mean then the meanest maroon clown I have ever seen. They did not even get along with each other. I ended up giving them all away. They are my favorite clown but I wanted a pair and they just would not get along with any of my...
  20. J

Lionfish and the Carolina Coast

And this would be why the Bill banning exotic species has a chance to pass.