Search results

1. ivyvine1

How to Clean Return Pump (?)

I have an external Iwaki pump that I am suspecting is causing my tank to run 10 degrees hotter than the house temp. How often do you clean your pump and how easy is it ?? I need to do this soon and don't know where to start. Thank you, Irene
  2. ivyvine1

84+ Degrees w/lights Off - Help

Okay .... thanks Lynn. I didn't realize they had live chat. I will try them later, but again, Father's Day may not be a good day ..... I'll see. Thank you!!
  3. ivyvine1

Thanks Lynn ..... maybe the guys are celebrating Father's Day :) . I just want to find the problem, in addition to cooling the tank down because that is just temporary. When you say rs chat, do you mean Reef Central ?? Thanks for your help, Irene
  4. ivyvine1

Thanks for you quick response!
  5. ivyvine1

I need some help. My 90gal tank has been running 84+ degrees at 10 a.m. with the lights off (and heater of course), with the room temp at 74 degrees. I have a digital and regular thermometer and both read in the mid 80's !! What else could be causing this?? I am planning on getting a chiller...
  6. ivyvine1

Please open if you own a Dog!

Wow ..... my dog, Duke, does not destroy a thing while I am gone ..... he is the perfect doggie inside and out; maybe that's why I feel so sorry for him because he looks soooo bored and he is so good. I better not let him read any of the responses above, he might get him some NEW ideas!! :D
  7. ivyvine1

Please open if you own a Dog!

What does your dog do while you are away?? I have a 2 year old puppy and I hate leaving him home alone while I am at work. Any ideas for indoor -or- outdoor entertainment? Something to keep them busy part of the day. Thanks for any suggestions! :)
  8. ivyvine1

Flame Angel

Thank you one and all for your responses. I decided against the Flame. I definitely agree ...... all angels are unfortunately "iffy" . I had a Lemonpeel once - she was beautiful but very naughty. I heard that Flame Angels are better, but I do not want a repeat peformance - it was a job...
  9. ivyvine1

Flame Angel

bump ....
  10. ivyvine1

Flame Angel

How has your Flame Angel behaved ?? What is the worse thing it has picked at? Would you get another one?? Thanks in advance for your input. :)
  11. ivyvine1

Anthias - Need Advice to Make Selection!

Thanks Robert - that was enough to discourage me from keeping two different kinds of Anthias. One article said it was okay, but yours is more convincing that it's not. It's just so hard to come up with fish to add sometimes because of one reason or another, although this is why I like to post...
  12. ivyvine1

Anthias - Need Advice to Make Selection!

Hi - I am looking to add a couple smallish Anthias to a 90gal tank. I currently have one smallish Sunburst Anthias. I am thinking about a couple Threadfin or Bartlett's and would like to hear any positive or negative comments on these or any other small ones. (Not interested in Lyretail.)...
  13. ivyvine1

Multiple Fairy Wrasses

Bronco, where did you buy all those wrasses. Did you pick them up locally or order online?
  14. ivyvine1

Multiple Fairy Wrasses

Thanks for all the responses ...... after additional reading and asking questions, I decided to go for it. I came home with a Christmas Wrasse (pictured) and a African Leopard Wrasse. The CW was out the first day then buried himself yesterday; the ALW buried himself immediately, then came out...
  15. ivyvine1

Multiple Fairy Wrasses

Oh MY !!!! That is a gorgeous picture :) . I love wrasses they are so colorful. I just ordered two African Leopard Wrasses and am on my way to pick them up. If I can room in my tank, I will definitely consider one of those. Thanks for your reply AND pic, -Irene
  16. ivyvine1

Multiple Fairy Wrasses

Robert - that was an EXCELLENT article .... thank you SO much !!
  17. ivyvine1

Multiple Fairy Wrasses

Very nice pics Robert. Actually what I really want is a Leopard Wrasse. The one I now have I'm not really sure about. He is just a small wrasse but since they are not the same color or body shape they might be okay. I just got back from a LFS and saw a Leopard Wrasse in a display tank - he...
  18. ivyvine1

Multiple Fairy Wrasses

Hi All ~ Does anyone successfully have two fairy wrasses together? I have one small-ish wrasse now and would possibly like to add another. They are very colorful and always out in the open and fairly disease resistant. If anyone does have two wrasses together please let me know how it...
  19. ivyvine1

Clams - Need Quick Advice

Okay ..... if this is true, how much time to I have to trade them in? Thanks for everyone's help!!