Search results

1. jonathan10

A Picture A Day......

Yeah it's pretty poor quality. The iPhone 4s has a great camera, but still doesn't do anything in the tank justice!
  2. jonathan10

A Picture A Day......

Here is my submission for today
  3. jonathan10

12x12x12 Tank

No you do have to buy the pump separate, but you can buy a pump pretty cheap.
  4. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Well I am running into a snag with my hood design. I had planned on mounting the AI SOL Nano right in the hood with some openings in the hood to let the heat escape. However, I just spoke with AI's customer support and the unit needs to have at least 2"-3" of clearance from the hood. My hood was...
  5. jonathan10

12x12x12 Tank

I just received my tank from John at Advance Acrylics, and I love it. It is an All-In-One system with the filtration in the back like a Bio-Cube. The display section of the tank is 12Lx12Wx12H, but the overall tank is 12Lx16Wx12H. I have set the tank up just yet because I'm building the stand...
  6. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

I sure hope so!
  7. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Thanks! I sure did....I went with the Sol Nano Blue with the AI Controller. Brian at TBAquatics doesn't know exactly when they will be getting the shipment in so I could be wait for a little while but that's ok. I really felt like that was/is the unit that I would be most happy with so I figure...
  8. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

So I'm a dummy and totally forgot to take a picture of the tank!! But I got some work done on the stand this weekend. I hope to finish it up this week. The base will be 36H x 20L x 24W. I'm still working out how tall the support for the light canopy will be. I will work on that tonight. I also...
  9. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

The tank will be here today. I just checked UPS and it's out for delivery! I will be going tonight most likely to buy the materials to build the stand and the hood. This might be a slow build process, but it will be nice when it's all finished.
  10. jonathan10

Reef Fish

I had one of these little guys in my old 20 Gallon Long Mixed Reef tank, and it was one of my favorite fish! It had so much personality and never bothered any of my corals (I had a mixture of LPS, SPS, and softies). Really fun to watch graze on the live rock and just a really pretty!
  11. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Thanks.... I'm really excited about it! I checked out Reefmack's tank and comments on AI while I was trying to decide...really helped me out. Yeah I think the Vortec MP10 will most likely be my next big purchase after I get the stand built. I'll just have to convince the wife that I NEED it...
  12. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Well after a lot of looking and debating I have decided to go with the AI Sol Blue Nano lighting system with the AI Controller. I think this system offered me exactly what I was looking for. I love that I will be able to set the intensity to increase thoughout the day to simulate the sun rising...
  13. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Thanks Al that would be great! I will definitely check them out.
  14. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

While sitting here board at work and thinking about not being able to have the Par30 light on a dimmer I got to looking at other LED systems. I am highly considering the AI Sol Nano Blue. Would this be too much light for little 12x12x12 display section of my tank?
  15. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Ok great that's for your help!
  16. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Boost does sell a mounting clip, but I plan on having the light in the hood. That is subject to change, but for now I think that is how the build will go. Also I don't believe you can set these lights up on a dimmer from what I understand. I think that is one of the only drawbacks that I'm...
  17. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

This is a rough sketch of how I am wanting to build the stand.
  18. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

I have a quick question for those of you who know about or have experience with LED lighting. I have never used them and like I said above, I plan on using the BoostLED Par30 Lamp 3 Blue and 2 White 60 Degree Optics on this tank. I just keep reading about how strong/intense of a light they...
  19. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Just got an email from John at Advance Acrylic and the tank will e shipped next week! Woohoo!
  20. jonathan10

10 gallon Nano Reef

Hey Al! Yep that was my GF then but not my Wife now. Thugs didn't workout there. I read through your thread the other day...I hate you had to break down the 90....I loved keeping up with that tank. It was a beauty. I hope your life challenges are being worked out, and when I read you were...